“Lovely food, lovely people, lovely position”
Review of Le Prieure

Le Prieure
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Carennac
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
North Shore
“Lovely food, lovely people, lovely position”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here and just stopped for a beer, or coffee, many times. Patrick and Christine are very friendly hosts and look out for any special needs; nothing is too much trouble. Sitting outside under the shade, with the heat in the mid 40s, one of Patrick's enormous salads fits the lunchtime bill perfectly. I cannot recommend this restaurant strongly enough. Next time you're in the area, pop in. But be early, as it's very popular and you might not get a table.

Visited June 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Coffee Stop”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Cute Café, inside or outside seating. Great stop if your wondering the area. No problems with the staff. Try it and see for yourself.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank likes2travel01955
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Beware!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I hadn't read the TripAdvisor reviews of this place before we stopped for lunch. I can confirm that the lady behind the counter is very abrupt and seems to pick issue easily. We were permitted to sit on the terrace, though, but presumably as it was after 1pm. We decided to just have coffee and ices, which were really excellent. The food looked good, so if you can put up with a grumpy owner, then the view and the food should be compensation enough. Just don't go there with friends, children, between 12 and 1pm, in the evening, in a hurry....

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Paul T
“Great spot and greAt lunch but she could be difficult I agree”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Staying in carennac for a week. Try to make pleasant small talk with the owners of the prieure. She doesn't want to know. She makes us wait to take our order till she is good and ready and I note that she tells everyone who is asking about what is available there to go and read the menu that is posted on the wall. However the lunch was lovely and it is the only place serving coffee. The place could be fantastic.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Therese C
San Jose, California
“So rude I was embarrassed for my friends”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice sunny June afternoon. 11 of us (3 families) coming to Carennac, looking for a place to have a drink. Le Prieure looks like the perfect place with its outdoor seating area. The owner comes out to tell us that we should not leave our bicycles near the restaurant. We put them across the street against the church wall, the owner complains again. We move our bicycles to the adjacent parking lot. By then, we're all standing in front of the cafe wondering if she actually wants our business, while she's inside ignoring us! As I'm walking inside to ask if we can have drinks, she comes out and ask our friend's 11 year-old daughter NOT to lean against the fence! By now I'm embarrassed for our California friends who are visiting, so I go back inside to complain about the way we're being treated, and she tells me that no one else ever complained so we must be the problem, and that she's not concerned about losing customers like us. I'm French and used to rude waiters, but this was beyond anything I've seen anywhere else. Avoid like the plague!

• Visited June 2013