“The best hotel, ever”

SALA Phuket Resort and Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Mai Khao
Reviewed February 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for the first three days of our honeymoon and I can honestly say that it is the nicest hotel I have ever been lucky enough to stay in. We had a ‘Sala pool villa’ which has an outside bathroom with double bath over looking its own infinity pool, the huge double bed also overlooks this beautiful pool and gardens which is just for you. If you fancy the company of others the hotel also has 2 beautiful pools overlooking the long, empty beach...for food you will not be disappointed, their restaurant serves fantastic food that is not over priced, for something special we had a lovely romantic dinner on the roof top, over looking the sea, with our own personal waitress serving a sumptuous sea food dinner to die for. If you are looking for a real first class place to stay in beautiful settings with fantastic staff this is the place for you, it is top of my list of hotels to go back to!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,734)

Reviewed January 30, 2009

I am still dreaming of my time at Sala Phuket...After briefly being in Kata beach, I feared all of Phuket was going to be busy and touristy- Fortunately, I discovered Sala and truly felt I was in paradise. The design of the entire hotel- rooms, grounds, and restaurant are simply gorgeous. The beach in front (only steps from your room) is incredibly serene and the water is heaven. The hotel is perfect for relaxing. Everyone- the front desk, restaurant staff- grounds people- are so lovely and helpful...and the food is divine. Obviously, I was more than pleased with my week stay there and I highly recommend Sala to anyone looking for a private pool villa, heavenly beach, amazing food, and incredible massages.
I can't wait to go back...

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ladyofthesea
Reviewed January 8, 2009

The pool villa is very tastefully designed and represents an ideal choice for those who prefer privacy. The bed was also one of the most comfortable i've slept on and will be sorely missed!

The only drawback with the villa for me was the lack of a proper dining area which makes the in villa catering service a little redundant as there is insufficient space to set out an evening meal.

The quality of the food is excellent, although the selection is a little limited and I would certainly be disappointed with the lack of variety over the course of a long stay, particularly as there are next to no other dining alternatives in the local area due to the hotels remote location.

Mai Khao beach in one of the quietest in Phuket as is absolutely beautiful in the high season (dec-march) when the sea is calm. The hotel has thoughtfully placed some swinging chairs hanging from the trees overlooking the beach which is a great spot to chill out and enjoy the view for a while.

Other amenities are above average, including two large swimming pools and a spa, which my wife assures me is one the best she has visited. Essentially this is a quiet resort for couples looking for privacy and relaxation. If you prefer a fun action packed kind of place, then Sala Phuket definitely is not for you, however for an intimate getaway from it all it will not disappoint

The hotel staff are friendly and courteous without being over attentive and were happy to assist us at all times.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lukencfc
Reviewed December 26, 2008

Sala Phuket is fantastic. Very relaxed and comfortable. We got an upgrade to a one bedroom villa, which came with a private pool, which was about 11 metres long and two metres wide. The outside bathroom is very luxurious, with a chandelier over the bath!! Inside the villas, it is very comfortable, huge beds, selection of pillows and scented body lotions.

Restaurant was fantastic, as was the bar area with the large day beds, which we frequented about 5pm each night for sundowner cocktails and tapas, Thai style. Staff very friendly and the word 'no' does not exist.

Spa was lovely, I frequented there for a hot stones massage, manicure and pedicure.

My husband and I did not leave the resort for seven days and had no desire to either. We had intentions of going on a couple of trips but could not be bothered, we were so relaxed at the Sala!

We have stayed at a few boutique type hotels around the world and this one ranks highly in our minds. It is very comfortable, relaxed and just fantastic. Prices are not cheap but we did not go there for a bargain

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pauline010
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Sala Phuket met every expectation we had. My husband and I are senior travellers who have stayed in many 5 star properties throughout the world. Sala Phuket is up there with the best of them. We wanted to just chill out and do nothing for 5 days. If you are into nightlife and lots of activities this is not for you. However, if you would enjoy a beautifully comfortable bed, with AC and fan, a gorgeous TOTALLY PRIVATE pool and service from delightful friendly people - Sala Phuket is your perfect resort. Food, though not perhaps gourmet, was very enjoyable with very sufficient sized serves The two large beach front pools with their sunlounges were lovely for swimming - for viewing from the dining room - or just for contemplating at sunset while sprawled in a big squashy bar lounge with a cocktail at happy hour.
The massage was not expensive by most 5 star hotel prices - and it added to the whole lovely Sala experience. My husband swam in the ocean while I happily swung lazily in one of several cane chairs hung from trees above the beach. We also walked along the beach to the Marriott - just to check it out. Sala was more our style.
Do not expect this to be like a large hotel with lots of activities and wall to wall people - instead Manager Gary Snodgrass, with the help of his delightful staff have created a little oasis of pleasure

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank peejaySydney
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Sala Phuket is perfect! The atmosphere, rooms and especially the servcie is so wonderful. Staff is perfectly trained, always helpful and speaks very good english! The Spa is the best I have ever been to. The pools are great. I loved all the butterlfies flying around. The food is excellent. Breakfast is sooo good. Their smoothis are the best.I cannot find the words to describe how wonderful this place is and I have seen a lot in the whole world.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank tropical2001
Reviewed November 11, 2008

After having our holiday to St Lucia canceled at short notice we decided to head to Sala instead, and are we glad we did! Everything was great from the pool villa to the food to the nightly turndown service.

The staff went out of their way to assist at every opportunity, even getting a mobile topup card from the nearest shop for me! Would definitely recommend :)

Stayed: October 2008
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 338 in Patong

Been to SALA Phuket Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!