I booked a pool villa at the Sala as we wanted privacy and luxury for our honeymoon and we aren't disappointed.
I write this review whilst reclining on the day bed located in our sala. The pool is bigger than I expected and a welcome retreat from the heat.
Of course having a private villa and pool means clothing is optional :) (except of course when housekeeping want to come in!) there is an extra chain on the door so that you have time to throw on a towel.
Only one negative is that the food and drinks are a bit pricey. However there are a couple of restaurants nearby that are probably cheaper. Traditional Thai meals on the menu are the cheapest.
Cocktails are delicious and work out around £6 with current exchange rate.
There isn't much outside the hotel but that's why I picked it for the first part of our honeymoon so that we would have quiet and relaxation.
Staff are so friendly and helpful. We got some really good extras because it is our honeymoon and also because we booked 90 days in advance (through Trailfinders). Such as free massages, champagne,chocolates and boquet of orchids on arrival and a set meal.
I would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites. SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities. Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away. SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beach side lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind. In addition to friendly, professional and personalized service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools, world class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option, Award winning SALA Spa, full equipped gym, steam rooms & salon, complimentary wi-fi internet connection throughout the entire resort, gift shop, business traveler services, entertainment and theme nights, nightly villa turn down service, In-Villa dining, miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket, an array of local activities and excursions are available. Weddings at SALA Phuket, marriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal and intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TravelClick, Ctrip TA and Jetsetter so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Resort And Spa
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao