A great place for a relaxing weekend away from it all. We hired a car from the airport which is less than 20 mins away but did find it a little tricky to find the actual entrance to the hotel. Lovely welcome drink and cold towels while they checked us in and whisked our bags to our room. Soon being escorted to our room - a first visit to Thailand so glad they explained the wonderful outdoor balcony, bathroom and room facilities. Chose the hotel restaurant for our first night and had a great meal with interesting cocktails served in the beautiful poolside setting. A little more expensive than local restaurants but you are paying for service and setting. My fish was especially delicious. The breakfast in the morning was amazing and kept us going pretty much all day. The beach is miles of golden sand and very quiet. The sea was warm and calm the first day but a bit more of a swell the next day so beware if not a strong swimmer to say close to shore. However, the wonderful array of beds and sun loungers on the lawn by the two pools with iced tea and cold towels was better than the sand for me. There were bikes for free loan and a couple of canoes but we used our hire car to explore the northern part of the island and try local bars and restaurants. Still plenty of time to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet but next time must make time for a massage too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites. SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities. Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away. SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beach side lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind. In addition to friendly, professional and personalized service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools, world class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option, Award winning SALA Spa, full equipped gym, steam rooms & salon, complimentary wi-fi internet connection throughout the entire resort, gift shop, business traveler services, entertainment and theme nights, nightly villa turn down service, In-Villa dining, miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket, an array of local activities and excursions are available. Weddings at SALA Phuket, marriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal and intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Resort And Spa
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao