We stayed in a Sala Pool Villa room for 4 nights with our 11mo baby. A travel cot was provided, although the mattress was a bit thin but baby slept well in it, so no complain. The resort is not baby friendly especially our baby is still just a crawler but kind of expected when we made the choice to stay here.
Can tell the interior suffered from wear and tear but then the relaxing environment makes up for it. The resort is all about relaxing and close to nature so don't compare it with those huge chain American hotel. The food served at Sala restaurant was absolutely beautiful although a lot more expensive compared to local restaurant but is still way cheaper than the price we paid when we last visit Hamilton Island. There are local seafood restaurants just around the corner from the beach and they offer free food delivery back to your hotel room (but we didn't try). Or else, we did walk over to Renaissance and JW Marriott for lunch (similar price to Sala) but a lot more restaurants to choose from. We also caught the free tuk tuk to Turtle Village for the mini mart.
The massage ladies on the beach were very good too (400 for 60mins).
On the last night, the power went out at around 4am. The receptionist said the whole Phuket was out of power and didn't come back on until nearly 2 hours later. So there was no air con, the room was very hot and stuffy, we didn't dare to open the bi-fold doors as we are afraid of mozzies. It wasn't very pleasant and nothing was done about it but I guess it will be the same for other hotels.
I scored down 'cleanliness' because the bathroom was outdoor and everyday there was animal droppings either in the bath tub or hand basin so not very appealing. And it does get a bit annoying at times to have to go out of the room every time when you just want to quickly wash your hands. It would be nice to have a sink at the bar inside the room (a lot of washing was need to be done for the baby).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites. SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities. Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away. SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beach side lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind. In addition to friendly, professional and personalized service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools, world class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option, Award winning SALA Spa, full equipped gym, steam rooms & salon, complimentary wi-fi internet connection throughout the entire resort, gift shop, business traveler services, entertainment and theme nights, nightly villa turn down service, In-Villa dining, miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket, an array of local activities and excursions are available. Weddings at SALA Phuket, marriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal and intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Resort And Spa
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao