I came at a recommendation of a friend and this place is offering surprises one after another. They were so nice as to offer welcome drinks and towels at check-in. Given that it will take some fair bit of tome to check-in, why don't you give us a sleeping bag to take a power nap at the lobby itself. I simply love the landscaping in that area. It's really open concept for bath and toilet area. Works well in good weather but it's quite difficult to shower when it rains (and there was torrential rain when I checked-in). Lots of ceiling to floor windows for clear and beautiful views but if you don't draw the curtains you risk exposing your beautiful bodies to neighbors. I kinda need some drawers and the cupboard door need a 'lift' for it to close. Blanket had a funny smell, someone with strong BO left his/her scent for me to 'indulge in it'. A lot of insects bugs lizards and wildlife coming in uninvited. I feel so bad having to crush two ants and three-four bugs and two mosquitoes when they came onto the bed. Which makes me quite proud of myself cause I can actually kill mosquitoes with hands. Never thought I was that fast. Now I feel like some top martial arts master. But I didn't manage to squash the lizard that was on the mug by the wash basin. I should have used the mug to trap the little fellow. Wasn't too quick on that. So all these action was causing hunger and I asked for some food. Actually I think their concept to help me lose weight is good. Cause the food took some time and by the time it came I wasn't hungry anymore so it helped me reduce sugar intake and keep in shape. Nice job! And oh did I mention that this whole place is so in line with nature? I mean wow the place has blended in so much with the environment and primal beauty that I actually saw a naked butt on the balcony. As the bathtub is on the balcony and if the guest doesn't draw the curtain, he is literally in his own skin! And how lucky am I to have witnessed such basic and primal behaviors in civilized world! Anyway i have to thank them all for the free upgrade to villa as they oversold the balcony rooms. Though actually I don't mind giving up that chance to someone else and be put back into the balcony room upstairs and draw all curtains tight to persevere some level of intimacy with myself. This is an exciting resort - not for the faint hearted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites. SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities. Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away. SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beach side lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind. In addition to friendly, professional and personalized service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools, world class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option, Award winning SALA Spa, full equipped gym, steam rooms & salon, complimentary wi-fi internet connection throughout the entire resort, gift shop, business traveler services, entertainment and theme nights, nightly villa turn down service, In-Villa dining, miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket, an array of local activities and excursions are available. Weddings at SALA Phuket, marriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal and intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort And Spa Mai Khao