“Speechless...”

SALA Phuket Resort and Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Mai Khao
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A great romantic place to stay. Loved the pool inside the private villa, shower, sala and the outside WC. The food is wonderful and great service. They also have free movie rentals at the front office. This place is kept clean and immaculate. So far this has been the best we have visited...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcshinobi1973
SLP_Manager, Manager at SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Signature jcshinobi1973, thank you so very much for your wonderful review of your romantic stay in one of our SALA Signature Pool Villas. We shall share your lovely review with our team especially the great experience you had with our House Keeping, Food & Beverage and Culinary teams. Thank you again and please let us know when you’d like to return. All our best The SALA Management.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

What a hotel for a romantic stay. We got a pool villa and I have no complaints . Getting up in the morning and 3 steps from the bed you dive into the pool is simply awesome. It's in the quiet end of phuket away for the huddle and bustle of the downtown and bar areas yet close enough to drive to.
There is one restaurant and bar but the food changes and it Wes very good
Book this hotel and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Signature Cam D, we are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your SALA Signature Pool Villa and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on your stay with us. We are certainly a world away from the hustle and bustle of Patong being set on Maikhao beach the longest and most under development beach in Phuket which is located within the picturesque Sirinat National Park. Our culinary team is really wonderful at creating, presenting and delivering great cuisine time-after-time. Thank you again and we hope to see you return in the near future. Our best regards The SALA Management.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have traveled far and wide but I have never stayed anywhere like this before! Everything was just brilliant. The staff, the food, the pool, the cocktails, the grounds, you name it. We could not fault anything. An amazing experience and without a doubt the best resort I have ever been to. We stayed at Sala for 2 nights after spending 5 nights at a sub-standard "5 star" resort in kamala... we only wished that we had booked Sala for the entire week. We will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westage

Dear Signature westage, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a beautifully positive review of your 2 night stay at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa. We shall ensure we share your comments with our team and please do let us know when you wish to return. Our best regards The SALA Management.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here for our honeymoon, it was amazing!

The food, service, rooms, private beach (beautiful white sand with infinity pool), beach front restaurant (serving breakfast, lunch and dinner) were all spot on. The hotel also has a private cab service which is amazing, the temp hit 42Deg in March when we visited central phuket and took some excursions (well worth taking the speedboat island tour, all be it don't do it on a full stomach... or sit at the back of the boat!); all were made very conformable by the in house transport.

Given the location and the fact that most of the rooms are remote, there tends to be a lot of (harmless) wildlife around from super size flying Beatles to lizards and mosquitoes. I must stress, this is not the fault of the hotel... if you go to a hotel that's this secluded then expect to mix with the local wildlife when travelling around between your room and the beach, esp at night.

The Spa service was also fantastic, we had the couple massage in a shared room and when finished it looked like my wife was lifeless! She said shed never felt so relaxed.

Also defiantly go for a work down to 'turtle village' which has a great range of food options (inc european) and shops and is only around a 1k walk from outside the resort on the same road you would take when leaving the resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SLP_Manager, Manager at SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Signature RestedTraveller2, thank you ever so much for such a wonderful review of your stay at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa. We will most certainly ensure we share your lovely comments with our entire team especially our Front Office, F&B and culinary team along with our spa therapists. Our award winning Restaurant and SALA Spa are truly a wonderful experience and it’s great to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your entire time at SALA. Thank you too for your candid comments on our remoteness, privacy, tranquility and the wildlife they goes with it. Thank you again and we do hope you’ll make the journey back from London one day to experience SALA Phuket. Our best regards The SALA Management.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I spent the last weekend at the resort, and again my compliments to the team for a fantastic experience at Sala Phuket. The weather was rainy on some days, but hot on others so despite the rainy season period - still a good time to visit. I would like to highlight the fantastic spa services and great food at the resort - my friend and I had no reason to leave! I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
SLP_Manager, Manager at SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Signature eleanor_uy, thank you ever so much for posting your 2nd wonderful review in the past 6 months from you most recent visit and from your 4th time at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa. It is so great to hear we continue to exceed your expectations and you keep coming back and even the light rain didn't deter you from a beautiful stay. We shall look forward very much to you returning for a 5th, 6th time and so on and we'll do our utmost to constantly achieve our very high standards of excellence. Thank you again, our very best regards The SALA Management.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I saw the ad over the newspaper that Sala is doing a BBQ ribs pormotion and I tell myself that I need to try it out. I order on Friday and pick up on Wednesday because they need to cured it, dry rubs it and smoke it so it need couple days. I arrive on Wednesday evening and was greet by the bell man, I explains what was my business here and he escort me to the restaurant also he pickup my order and escort me back to my car, it was a great service I have to say. Soon I arrive home I open the bag and it was well package. I order 2 kg ribs and each ribs was pack in half rack in the vacuums pack and each KG get one bottle of Jack Daniel BBQ Sauce. The ribs is ready to eat and I just throw it on my BBQ pit let it grilled it and finish with the BBQ sauce. The meat is tender and the smokey flavor is amazing. Me and my gf enjoy it very much and we will def come backhand order again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Hi Chef Yifan, it's great to hear you and your girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed our slowly smoked pork ribs and the SALA experience. We hope maybe next time you'll enjoy them here whilst enjoying happy hour 17:00 - 18:30 daily and watching the marvelous Mai Khao sunset. Thank you again and our very best culinary regards The SALA Management.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our third trip to Sala Phuket and once again they delivered. The resort is small, boutique and contemporary. Don't go expecting traditional Thai architecture, although there are nods to it and plenty of Asian influences in the rooms, villas and communal areas. We have now stayed in three types of rooms at Sala (standard room, garden room and pool villa), this time having a garden room with a pool. Whilst not quite as impressive as the pool villas, it was nevertheless beautiful, spaus, clean and contemporary. The outdoor bathrooms and terraces with day-beds are lovely and actually don't really differ between the room levels (the gardens in the pool villas are bigger than in the garden rooms). The breakfasts are the best I've had in any Asian hotel; a small but perfect buffet of cold items, plus an extensive made-to-order a la carte, from which you can order as much as you like. Our daughter declared that the waffles and pancakes were the best she'd ever tasted. Despite the lovely surroundings, it is the staff who really make Sala. There seems to be a ratio of staff to guests of about 1:1! They are the most friendly, attentive, smiling staff you could ever hope to encounter. They are unobtrusive, but seem to anticipate your every need. The spa is incredible too; my husband and I both had amazing massages during our week at Sala. This is not a place to go to if you're after noisy nightlife (moonlight movies under the stars twice a week is more Sala), a different dinner venue every night (there's only the one restaurant, although you can walk along the beach to the Marriott or Anantara Resorts), or discos 'til dawn (there's really no night-life apart from enjoying a cocktail watching the sun go down in this part of Phuket). But if you're after peace, tranquility, superb food, attentive staff, 5 star contemporary accommodation, Sala is a perfect place. One word of warning - the beach is not ideal for swimming: the Red Flag was flying most of the time we were there, and even when the Yellow flag was up (indicating it was safe to swim), I wouldn't let my 8 year old daughter go in the water - the beach slopes very steeply into the water, there's a strong undertow and the waves are rough. There's no life-guards on duty on Sala's part of the beach, although there are further up outside the Marriott resort. This isn't really an issue though as the pools at Sala are beautiful. The communal pools (one large black slate rectangular 'swimming' pool and a series of smaller, more 'child-friendly" pools adjacent to it), both set on the beautiful grass lawn looking out to sea mean that you're unlikely to want to do anything more than stroll along the beach anyway.

Room Tip: All rooms and villas are great and actually very similar. The room sizes, outdoor day-beds, outdoor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank yummymummyHongKong
SLP_Manager, Manager at SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Signature yummymummyHongKong, we must say we love your signature name! Thank you ever so much for a truly marvelous review and thank you too for your wonderful patronage. We shall ensure we share your review with our great team who really do understand and genuinely enjoy and appreciate the importance of delivering great Thai SALA hospitality. As for our culinary team thank you they really do their utmost in preparing, presenting and delivering quality cuisine 24 hours a day. I believe our breakfast waffles & pancakes may have had more compliments than all our other scrumptious dishes put together. It’s great to hear you experienced and enjoyed our truly relaxing award winning spa. The best swimmable months for the Andaman Sea is from around late November to June although during other months when the yellow flag if flying swimmers just need to be cautious. Thank you again for your comprehensive write-up on your third time at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa with your lovely family and we do hope you’ll be back for a fourth and fifth thereafter. Please let us know when you wish to return. Our very best wishes The SALA Management.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mai Khao
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 333 in Patong
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to SALA Phuket Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!