I went here for my honeymoon and it was a reasonably nice place to stay. The pictures looked amazing, in real… it isn’t as nice. The basin was steel and had a fair bit of rust on it (I don’t expect this from a “5*” resort! The tea/coffee area had tiny insects everywhere. I called reception when I got there to ask about an electric insect repellent that had been mentioned to us, they said they would send someone over but didn’t. I called again half an hour later and was told the same thing, a further 30minutes later.. someone turned up. We took a walk to the beach and noticed a load of garbage everywhere… it was as if there had been some sort of night party. We were miserable for the rest of the night, but, when we went again the next day.. it was fine. The poolside waiter is amazing, very friendly.. brings everyone iced tea
Breakfast – Isn’t great. Theres very little of the “buffet” breakfast, the rest has to be ordered. The service was not very good at all. I remember a young man that would come and take our order, he was miserable and not very polite. I asked him for cutlery, which he went and got without a “sorry about that/here’s your cutlery”. Then there was no English breakfast tea so again I had to ask for it. I noticed that everyday… there was something missing from our table – napkin/tea/milk/cutlery/sugar. Again.. would you expect this from a 5* start resort?
I complained about the service to the manager and he very kindly offered us a free dinner. I must say the service at dinner was exceptional.. a middle aged man served us all evening- being friendly, engaging in conversation and also got me some insect repellent!
What I did like… the turn down service. A healthy drink is left in your room, incense sticks and candles are lit. The spa is AMAZING.. a treatment is well worth the money. Dinner is lovely. Reception staff are very nice too.
I would call this 4* at the most, maybe because I had come from an actual 5* Maldives resort and Bangkok Banyan tree where the service had been absolutely faultless!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites. SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities. Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away. SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beach side lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind. In addition to friendly, professional and personalized service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools, world class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option, Award winning SALA Spa, full equipped gym, steam rooms & salon, complimentary wi-fi internet connection throughout the entire resort, gift shop, business traveler services, entertainment and theme nights, nightly villa turn down service, In-Villa dining, miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket, an array of local activities and excursions are available. Weddings at SALA Phuket, marriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal and intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort And Spa Mai Khao