The Sala Resort and Spa is a harbinger - a style of its own. I might not have thought so when I first saw it from the outset last year when I was walking along the beach at Mai Khao, Phuket Thailand. It appeared segregated into its own high-walled exteriors and left me wondering what it could possibly be like? This year I stayed at the Sala and once inside this enclosure, I can assure you Cleopatra would not have been disappointed.
Within The Sala’s luxury villas, guests can swim in their very own private pool without having to venture out. Adding another level of chic sophistication; an outside gigantic scalloped mirror reflects the calm water, tear-dropped, chandelier-like light fittings which hang charmingly, a deep elongated bathtub, along with the lush furniture and comfy pillows, are all located under a protected area overlooking the pool. Under the mirror is the bathroom vanity with a double basin which had more than enough space for all those girly amenities - usually flung around like there’s no leaving the place soon. As for the outdoor shower, there’s something quite exhilarating about having a warm ‘rain shower’ whilst it’s actually raining.
Within the living area, the décor is very easy on the eye with delightful hues of mauve and purple in the closet areas which contain a scarf and umbrellas. The space to make a coffee/tea or any other preparation can be hidden by sliding doors, which can also hide your luggage. My only disquiet was if you wanted to fill the coffee plunger/tea pot or have the need for any water, you would need to walk outside to the bathroom basin. No big deal - just thought it worth a mention from someone who always enjoys a constant cuppa.
Breakfast is definitely worth a mention as it’s served in the main beach-side restaurant overlooking Phang Nga Bay. From the menu you can choose your meal which is cooked to your liking. All the other accompaniments are within easy reach as buffet style with fruit, toast, bakery goodies and an assortment of dishes to suit various cultures’ tastes.
As for the Sa la vie feel of this property, it’s ideal for a newly-wed couple who can retreat at any time and push the ‘do not disturb’ button. Undoubtedly The Sala is synonymous with intimacy and style and is highly recommended to anyone seeking seclusion. And really, who cares what outsiders think when you close off the rest of the world and you become Cleopatra with your new partner …
Leaving was difficult and whilst waiting for the taxi, one young staff member I spoke to assured me my taxi was coming. He said the Resort takes pride in its staff and he was learning (through his employer) to speak English and improve his job opportunities with them. I thought this was quite admirable and the service here is second to none with young bright people at the helm.
The Sala is located approximately twenty minutes north of Phuket airport and the taxi ride is around Baht 500 each way (aprox A$18.00 on today’s exchange rate).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites. SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities. Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away. SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beach side lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind. In addition to friendly, professional and personalized service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools, world class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option, Award winning SALA Spa, full equipped gym, steam rooms & salon, complimentary wi-fi internet connection throughout the entire resort, gift shop, business traveler services, entertainment and theme nights, nightly villa turn down service, In-Villa dining, miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket, an array of local activities and excursions are available. Weddings at SALA Phuket, marriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal and intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Resort And Spa
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao