Open today: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Outstanding food!

The food is outstanding and of the highest quality you could ask for. We come here with pleasure... read more

Reviewed January 19, 2022
TVEHL
Zurich, Switzerland
via mobile
Excellent cooking class

Ton is very knowledgeable chef, in fact she was a National Champion in year 2008. Needless to say... read more

Reviewed December 27, 2019
chinfai2015
Penang Island, Malaysia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from $79.88
from $112.69
from $36.58
from $29.96
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

We did the cooking class and lunch as a family. Chef Ton is super friendly and a lot of fun to cook with. She and her staff make everything so easy and accessible even for newbies. The whole experience of preparing and cooking our authentic Thai meal was the highlight of the vacation. The dishes were beautiful and delicious. Just look at the photos and you'll see what I mean. At first, I balked at the price but now I understand the value and am so happy we did it. Totally recommend and I hope to visit here again.

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank Billy_Whimwa
Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

Chef owner Ton is such a laid back lady that truly cares about what she does and who she does it with as evidence by her steong bond with her team. the cooking class was easy and relaxed and very informative and clearly hands on. The four dishes we chose were outstanding and we had plenty for lunch and dinner. Do yourselves a great favour and get in touch with local produce and authentic food, you won't regret it!

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank Shiqin H
Reviewed November 15, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I took this cooking class and it was one of the best experiences we had in Thailand! The food was fresh and local. Ton was so patient with me considering I never cook. The food we made was amazing and so much left over to take home. I would highly recommend this.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed October 30, 2016

My two boys (ages 11 & 15) had a fantastic morning/afternoon with Ton at her lovely restaurant in Mai Khao. We arrived and the ingredients were all out and ready for us to learn and prepare a huge variety of Thai dishes, from classics like Pad Thai to her famous Thai basil chicken. Making curry paste from scratch was a real work out and we had loads of laughs along the way. Ton was patient with my boys (clearly not chefs) and we all thought it was a highlight of our holiday. Lunch was delicious (my eldest said the best meal we had in MK) and we had enough leftovers for dinner! Definitely contact Ton when you arrive to be sure she's got the space and take this class. It's really fun and in a lovely setting. Her staff and daughter were warm and friendly as well.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

We had a great morning with Chef Ton at Kin Dee, truly the highlight of our trip. We were made to feel at home, and not with over politeness and distance that you sometimes feel. Ton welcomed questions about Thai culture as well as cooking. She is engaging and warm, and we came away feeling yes, we can do this at home. We also came home with plenty of leftovers. I immodestly think that the tom kha gai or chicken coconut soup she helped me make was as good as any I have had at a restaurant. Ingredients are partially prepped for you but you get to do the final chopping except for the meat. You get your own pan or wok and cook under her guidance. The cost is 2500 THB per person, not cheap but a good value. We got to choose four dishes from her menu to cook. The classes are held in her beautiful tree-house-like restaurant overlooking a bend in a river. It is open air under a roof but they go to great lengths to keep you cool and keep insects away. I highly recommend this experience!

Date of experience: October 2016
14111978, Owner at Kin Dee Thai Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2016

Sawasdee Kha,

Thank you for cooking with me. Once the recipe for Kanom Bueng that Khun Jo requested is tested. I will send it to you by a week. Thank you for your kind support to our little establishment.

Regards,