Lowest prices for your stay
$110
JW Marriott$110
Booking.com$110
Destinia.com$229
5,872 results
All reviews lobby bar jw marriott phuket siam deli andaman grill kids club japanese restaurant cooking school ginja taste north pool mandara spa health club blue pool cooking class tennis courts adult pool turtle village breakfast buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

We are very thankful to JW Marriott Resort Phuket for such a superb hospitality! We really enjoyed our stay there.
One of the highlights of the day was breakfast. I can say the choice of foodand juices is impressive, there is something for everyone: all kinds of fresh fruit juices, even coconut juice! Great idea for breakfast :) Asian noodles, soups, delicious buns and dim sums, pastries, eggs (try Thai egg!), salads, smoked fish, etc.
If you have kids, let them play at Kids Club. Our 4 year old just loved it. Girls and guys who work there are very attentive, responsible and funny, kids appreciate! It is a spacious room with lots of different games and activities. What I appreciated is that before entering they check each child's and parent's temperature (to see if not sick) and give a desinfectioning gel for cleaning hands.
Restaurants: you have a great choice: grill, Italian, Asian mixed +shop and Thai restaurants.
I would like to express my thankfulness to the chefs and waitresses at Ginja Taste. Each dinner there was so pleasant. The Tom Yum Goong made me addicted - incredibly delicious! The Sesam Ice cream is from another planet. Thank you for those! :)
Siam Deli is a great option for a casual dining or lunch, and additionally they have a shop inside, where you can find all necessary small things as in supermarkets, process are OK, even some first medicine. Great thing!
The food there is delicious, try the Pad Thai, so delicious and comes in an omlet plate!! Thank you service guys, it was a pleasure!
The beach is beautiful, as this side of the island during this season (August) is quite windy, it is not allowed to swim, as the waves are very aggressive and high. But this gives some mystery to the beach, we really like it. You have a great choice of pools. As we were with a kid, so we stayed in a big pool in a kids zone, that is a lot of fun for kids. There is also one Adult only pool.
Thanks JW Marriott Resort Phuket!
Additionally thanks to the lady at the reception Liubov, she helped us very kindly with our questions and gave great advices and tips.
We will definitely be back! :)

3  Thank Ana_Voyage
LiborS40, Manager at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Dear Ana_Voyage,

Warm greetings from sunny Phuket. Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Phuket. We are glad that you have enjoyed the overall stay and that the team has been able to meet your expectations.

Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future, in case you plan once again to visit us.

Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

As a family of three including a 4 year old child, we have found that the JW Marriott Phuket is our perfect hotel.

The staff are amazing, some greeting us back like family (our third visit in 2 years) - they go above and beyond and always with a smile. In fact, the staff are one of the main draws to the hotel and an asset to them.

Rooms do have room (we had a terrace room to the gardens) and we liked that the futon bed for our child was put in the window alcove area giving a little separation. There is lots of wardrobe and cupboard space too. Bathrooms are large with a walk in shower as well as bath with great toiletries.

There is a huge array at breakfast - you could have something different every day if you wanted! Service is always very efficient and usually no longer than a 10 minute wait at the most at peak time.

We have had dinner in all the restaurants now on site. Our favourite is Kabuki (not the cheapest but worth every penny - we went twice this time), followed by the Siam Deli where there is an array of different cuisines (great when your 4 year old wants chicken nuggets and the adults want spice!). At every restaurant, the service is warm and friendly.

Our boy loved the Kids Club so much so, on some days we had to bribe him out! Again the staff were fantastic and even bought him a toy car one day. They knew his name and room number by Day 3! He gave them all a big hug when he left. His favourite pool was the kids pool with the slide. Our favourite was the south pool with the waterfall bar. There was always a sun lounger available even though it was very busy and reception had informed us they were at 100% occupancy.

We also had a couple of visits to the spa -absolutely relaxing and felt very pampered.

All in all, we love this hotel. We are always glad to be back and feel at ease as soon as we enter. The only minor gripe is please have more people on reception! It’s our little oasis from our very busy lives and we spent 10 days in absolute bliss. We’re already making plans to come back next year!

3  Thank ssy
LiborS40, Manager at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2019

Dear ssy,

Warm greetings from the JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa. Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel and for returning back to us. We are glad that you and your family have enjoyed the overall experience and that the team was able to meet your expectations. I have well noted your comments in regards to the Front Office manning, please rest assured, that I will personally address this matter with individual department heads in order to achieve further improvements.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we look forward welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2019

I deliberately chose Mai Khao beach because it is away from the tourist areas like Patong, Karon, etc. So since I decided to stay in a resort for my whole holiday, I needed to find a big one as I wouldn't be bored staying in there all day, JW Marriott became my choice.

It only took 20 mins from airport to the resort, which was very convenient. I was greeted by Nikki at front desk, whom was very aware of what’s happening in Hong Kong right now that I was very touched by it. She was also aware of my birthday next day and arranged a group of staff coming to my room singing birthday song to me and gave me a birthday card and cake. I felt the warmth and hospitality strongly especially I was travelling alone.

The room I stayed is exactly what I saw on the photo. It’s very spacious, I especially like the bathroom. Although the room/resort is not as “chic” / “modern” as some new resorts, I like its Thai and home style.

The first day I arrived was raining, but it didn’t matter, there’re a nice gym and a beautiful spa to go. I was too lazy to go outside for dinner that I ordered room service, which had many choices including western and thai food. Room service was not expensive at all, I actually ordered again the day after.

Morning breakfast at Marriott cafe was nice too, many food choices and the staff were very nice too, especially Tan whom was serving my table. I would never forget his smile and service.

Since it’s summer holiday, most are family with kids. I totally understood that but it’s quite noisy at the main pool and south pool. Luckily, there’s a quiet north pool that I could really enjoy myself. Anyway, I think I will visit the resort again during low season to try to experience a more quiet atmosphere.

Things to be improved:
1. Since it's a big resort, there were many people checking-in or out at the same time, it took me over 15 minutes to do both. Although there are 4-5 counters, only 2 were open.

2. Brown rusty water coming out from the tap. When I filled up the bathtub, I was hesitating whether I should jump into it.

3  Thank siususanna

Dear siususanna,

Warm greetings from sunny Phuket. Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent trip to Phuket. We are glad that you have enjoyed the overall experience and that the team was able to meet your expectations. I have well noted your comments in regards the check - in time and the water color, please accept my sincere apologies for this shortfalls.

Once again thank you very much for your details review. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2019

This was a 3 night package booked through Luxury Escapes. If you have an upcoming booking, I strongly recommend you cancel while you can. First off, check in took forever. There were only 2 people attending at peak check in time. Second, the resort is really run down. You can see the lack of attention to detail at every turn. Same goes for the rooms - especially the bathrooms which are grim.

You receive a letter at 4pm each day telling you which of the restaurants you can eat your dinner at each night. There is no choice, just a set menu. The free flow beer is not chilled and you are limited to 2 hours of drinks with your meal. Wine is not included.

Luxury Escapes have always been brilliant in the past, but this is definitely a dud, and en expensive one at that.

4  Thank TheGoldenMidas
LiborS40, Manager at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Dear TheGoldenMidas,

Warm greetings from the JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa. Thank you very much for your review. It concerns us greatly that you have left our shores with a negative memories of our resort due to the purchased package conditions. We have clearly not met your expectations and for this I apologize. Please rest assured that I will personally address this matter to relevant departments in order to achieve further improvements.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback as this will help to improve our future services.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

I selected JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa partly because I was in the Marriott network and partly because I wanted a location where staying on the resort wouldn't be a hardship. I enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and didn't think this would be a family free-for-all. I also expected to encounter less guests as this was both off-season and 'Monsoon Season'. I also did not select the 'breakfast' package. The resort is an hour or so away from Patong Beach, but its ocean more secluded location was welcomed. The beach was not quite the idyllic picture painted in the materials. This was partly due to a constant heavy surf (red flags out every day) and partly due the small beach erosion.
The service, staff, room and amenities were 5 star quality.

1. Public Facilities:

The resorts facilities were excellent. After about a 20 minute drive from the airport you arrive - passing some lesser resorts until you reach the front gate and security guard. Pass that you reach greeting area and lobby. Check in was easy and you're offered a discount on money exchange (it essentially cancels out the 10% VAT you are going to encounter with every purchase). After check-in, you're escorted your room. Throughout the resort pots are water filled with flowers and lilies in beautiful arrangements - the smells were pleasant. The walking paths of the resort were a pleasure to walk and as expected there is a temple through the lagoon.

There were multiple pools. All kept immaculately clean. The Buddhist aesthetic was evident and quite welcomed.

The small lobby fronts a wonderful infinity pools that has two of the regular restaurants on either side.

2. Private Facilities & Quarters

The room (single king sized bed) had partial sea-view and a small patio. The bathroom was very large with separate shower and tub. The interior was full of high end fixtures and furniture. The bed and linen were fresh, soft and of high quality. THe staff preps each room twice daily - much appreciated. The room utilized regular keys and a standard in closet safe. The television was medium sized 42" and well placed.

The Spa (by wife) was very relaxing. I enjoyed a hour massage. I am a Spa/Message regular at home and this was a normal experience. But i suggest you take advantage of the outdoor massage ladies who dot the resorts beachfront. 500 baht ($15 USD) and you are treated to a true Thai massage for an hour with the sounds of birds and crashing waves. After a few days I was able to get the husband to join me for a couples massage and he was quite satisfied afterwards.

The beach was beautiful. It does not suffer from seaweed or debris. But as I indicated before swimming was prohibited (red flags everywhere) and there were multiple signs warning of jellyfish. Again, this was 'monsoon season' so keep that in mind when reading this. Nevertheless, is easy to walk the beach undisturbed. The waves remained strong and constant, but not overwhelming.

2. Staff

The staff were professional and very pleasant. Your are made to feel welcomed and appreciated. They made every efforts to make sure your needs are met. You are always greeted with a large smile and often by name. There are 3 main beach-side bars and the staff were pleasant, if busy.

3. Services

Room service was as expected. The food arrived timely and it was evident that effort was made in its preparation and presentation. The variety was quite extensive given the number of eateries on premises. Wifi was excellent (and included). The 'business facilities did have a color printer/copier and computer access with a single machine.

4. Location

The location is in Mai Khao. There is a free shuttle bus that will take you to a small shopping area right off the resort (think mini-mall) that also has a 7-11. You will quickly realize that 7-11 is the dominant retailer in the area (and actually in Thailand generally) There are elephant and monkey exhibits nearby - but I did not take part in what I personally think borders on exploitation.

Marriott Café:

This will be your everyday breakfast location and probably most used dinner location. The breakfast included buffet offerings as well as menu offerings (their eggs/omlets were the most lines formed during the mornings). The buffet is full of traditional Thai offerings and was a pleasure to experience. For dinner, there selection was fine and actually tasty.

Ginja Taste:

This is your traditional Thai eatery. Wonderfully made dishes with all the right touches. If you are adventurous you will find something new to enjoy.

Cucina:

Please have at least one dinner meal here. The service is great as usual. This is their 'Italian' eatery and it was fine.

Andaman Grill:

This is your steakhouse that actually had quality.

Kabuki - Japanese Cuisine Theatre:

Think Benihana and you know what you are in for. Our experience was less than stellar with the 'theatre' portion, though we both believe our chef was still learning the ropes/routine. But the food was more than acceptable ... it was fresh and tasty.

Siam Deli:

Think of an upscale Deli that able to serve Thai cuisine as well as burgers and fries and you have an idea of the experience. We lunched here often and I always enjoyed their coconut ice-cream as a dessert.

Rim Nam Pool Bar:

Standard drinks and finger food.

Sala Sawasdee Lobby Bar:

Upscale bar experience with many nights offering live entertainment.

Ginja Cook Cooking School & Out of the Blue Splash:

We either did not have the time for Out of the Blue Splash or the desire to try out not Ginja Cook Cooking School so I cannot give any reviews for those locations.

Room Tip: Ask where you room is located in reference to the property... as you may have long walks either to the beach area or the eateries.

6  Thank NewarkScubaDiver

Dear NewarkScubaDiver,

Warm greetings from sunny Phuket. Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Phuket. We are glad that you have enjoyed the overall experience and that the team was able to meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that I will pass your feedback personally to our team and management in order to recognize them and achieve further improvements.

Once again thank you very much for your detail review and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future.