We went to the Marriott in Phuket March 2005 and were'nt quite sure how we would find Phuket after the Tsunami but we had no problems at all, everything was perfect, in fact I would go as far as to say 'Heaven'.
Firstly, the Thai people are the nicest people we have ever come across in our lives - they make you so welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them.
When we arrived at the Marriott we were greated with garlands and cocktails which was really sweet of them. They took us to our apartment by Golf cart which was great.
The apartment was lovely, absolutely lovely. It was a two bedroomed apartment as my daughter and her parter were joining us the next day. Master bedroom lovely and a dream of an en suite bathroom, lounge was super as was the kitchen, the second bedroom and en suite were also delightful and both rooms were extremely comfortable. There were balconies facing the sea to the side and the front of the apartment.
The hotel is lovely, there is a choice of four fine dining restaurants and every one of them is excellent, Italian, Sushi, Fish (which is great as you can eat all local fish, lobster, crab, flounder etc) and American style restaurants. As well as the restaurants there is a cafe and deli which is quite something - their cakes, bread, pastries, ice creams etc are divine.
Breakfast is taken in the American style restaurant which overlooks the sea and you can eat inside or al fresco - WOW what a fantastic buffet breakfast, they cater for everybody and the result is that the buffet is fabulous. The food presentation is stunning and the food itself is awesome, whilst we were eating one morning the manager came and asked us if everything we wanted was on the breakfast buffet (was he joking !) we said it was exceedingly good and thanked the staff for their attention to every detail.
The pool is great, it was designed and made in slate which is very unusual and so nice to swim in. The beach is only a few steps away from the pool and as Marriott own this part of the beach to preserve turtles it was very private and natural. Fortunately, the Tsunami had not destroyed any part of the Marriott as the Northern end of Phuket (where Marriott is) was not hit that hard. It is very hot in Thailand and whilst you are sitting under the shade by the pool you are brought cold flannels every half an hour, also the Thai girls come round with the Thai baskets on a bamboo cane over their shoulder and give fruit i.e. bananas, pineapple etc.
We hired a car for a few days and went to the surrounding area where we came across the Kata beach - it is heavenly white sand and beautiful blue sea. We saw where they looked after their Elephant's as these are considered sacred in Thailand.
Lastly, the spa and massages at the Marriott are second to none and it is worth having a massage whilst you are there.
I haven't written this review until now as I have only recently become a Trip Advisor member, however, we have never been disappointed with any Marriott we have been to and therefore had no qualms when we booked the holiday.
I do hope this helps Trip Advisor members as since I have been a member comments of various hotels in various places have certainly helped me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Fifteen minutes north of the airport, our Phuket resort's grounds comprise 265 spacious rooms including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, full-service Mandara Spa, on-site turtle shelter, shopping arcade, activities-packed kids club including on-site turtle shelter. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao