Coming here on our honeymoon- there were good a bad parts of this JW. It's 20 mins north of the airport, but 45 mins from all the main attractions and beaches. We thought it was a bad thing, but actually enjoyed being away from all the tourists that visit Phuket.
Now, being a JW (my husband and I hoard Marriott points) -this hotel is more dated than the other JWs that we have stayed at. Also, it's attached to a Marriott vacation time share so what we thought would be a romantic JW was really crawling with children. That said, when we have kids- we would take them here because this JW really helps cater to them.
Checking in, we were greeted with drinks, a bracelet and cold towels (what a relief- we came to Thailand during the hottest month). Our room was big, but it was a "ocean view" room and maybe if you closed our right eye and blinked- you could see the ocean. The entry pool was breath taking and they light fire sticks in the center at night. We did enjoy the walk up bar pool) although looking around it did look dirty and outdated (there were clear chairs in the water you could sit at, but you could see the green algae and mold). It a unprotected beach so sand isn't as nice (when you think of Thailand you think of beautiful beaches) and the waves are strong so you real did spend most of your time at the JW pool. Marriott did exceed our expectations when they upgraded our room the 3rd night into one of the villas with your own personal pool. My god I was in heaven.
Other than that, I would recommend this JW with families with children. There are a list of daily activities you can sign up for. This is a huge resort, very confusing layout and you can get lost easily. The food was good, but pricey. Nothing too special- the only real reason why we're giving such high reviews are for the upgraded room and the staff was pretty amazing. I loved the guy in the front drop off. Sweet little man who would click his shoes together and salute you every time you came back. He was so nice. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Fifteen minutes north of the airport, our Phuket resort's grounds comprise 265 spacious rooms including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, full-service Mandara Spa, on-site turtle shelter, shopping arcade, activities-packed kids club including on-site turtle shelter. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao