“Excellent service”

JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Mai Khao
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Came here for a conference and stay for two nights from 23 to 25 mar. I was served by Nattinee at the front desk and she explained in details on the amenities ard. It was kind of coincidence that when ever I went back to the front desk on different occasion with queries, she was able to assist me and always greet me by my name. Hotel room was clean and the service attendant would came by and ask me if I need anything else. They pay attention to their customers. I would visit again for sure. Excellent service and job well done.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chan J
Ashley L, Manager at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Chan J,

Thank you for your taking the time to write. Nattinee will be delighted to hear that she has made a positive impact on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation!

Regards,

Ashley Lai

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is likely the most complex review I've will have to write from this trip to Thailand. My back story may help the potential traveler. I am a 36 year old newlywed how traveled here with my wife. We were given this hotel for a week by my mother as a gift. The hotel was perfect in every way. Beautiful grounds, great restaurants, they had a scuba trainer there. Everything was perfect there except the fact that this was my first time in Thailand and I traveled there from California and I could not for the life of me tell that I was in Thailand during my time there. Other than what the hotel has to offer there is nothing else to do because it is not near anything. They highly encourage you to not eat at restaurants off the "compound". And eating and drinking on the resort is not cheap BTW. Anyway to sum it up... If you are looking to stay at a resort and and get the benefits of that I would guess that the JW would be an amazing vacation. If you want to experience Thailand stay away from this place you will be disappointed.

5  Thank Adam C
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days earlier this month. Everything was as you would expect from a Marriott resort, staff exceptional, food very good, pools and grounds stunning.
We stayed at J W Marriott in Khao Lak last year so were expecting the same level of excellence and we were not disappointed.
Highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are best value as sea view rooms don't give much sea view at all.
2  Thank Ktconnolly
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Room wasn't ready when I got there so they offered us free drinks and nuts. A meal may have been better compensation since we waited nearly two hours. Rooms were alright but should have been cleaner. We had a room overlooking the pool with a semi ocean view on the first floor. The staff could have been friendlier. The tours available throughout them were great. We took a cruise to Phi Phi island that was about 10 hours long it included snorkeling and kayaking and tour to the elephant sanctuary that I highly recommend. The hotel is about an hour away from the even touristy spots so we didn't get to experience that area but for a quite family vacation I recommend staying here as this location is away from the chaos. I also recommend getting a massage on the beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Farrah K
Ashley L, Manager at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Farrah K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We will definitely bring this back to the rest of the team to work on what we can improve. Glad to hear that you had a nice time otherwise and hope you will return with your family for another vacation soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have just returned from a wonderful few days at the JW Marriott Phuket. We stayed here after a week at the JW Marriott in Khao Lak and this is far superior in every way. From the reception areas, the pool, the restaurants, the rooms, everything was much nicer and it felt more like a JW Marriott resort. We wished we had stayed here longer rather than Khao Lak.

We just had a standard room which was beautifully finished with a lovely bathroom and comfy beds. We could see though that some of the other rooms looked far superior and had great views or garden access to the pools. Next time!

There are many different areas to explore within the hotel, different swimming pools, shops, restaurants. There isn’t much around the hotel though other than the Turtle Village shops. The supermarket there is well stocked and reasonably priced which is handy. We had a rental car which really isn’t needed if staying here.

Kin Dee Restaurant is well worth the 30 minute walk which I found after reading reviews. Our favourite meal of the holiday!

The beach here isn’t as good as Khao Lak. Although it looks amazing it is very steep and you have to be careful of the current. We stuck to the swimming pools of the hotel.

We took the shuttle bus down town to Patong Beach. It took 75 minutes in solid traffic.

Special mention to Simon from guest services. He was wondering around chatting to guests and I happened to mention a problem with our air conditioning. When we got back to the room later it was fixed. He seemed to really care about everyone’s enjoyment of the hotel.

Room Tip: Worth going for an upgraded room
1  Thank Richard_UK
Ashley L, Manager at JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Richard_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to write. You're right. There are pool terrace rooms which put you a hop and skip away to the pools! You must return to try those rooms soon. Simon is thrilled that you remember him and is only happy to be able to help take care of your issue with the airconditioning.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The grounds are stunning, winding paths through lush vegetation that are well maintained. Our room was one of the nicest we have ever stayed in. Large, beautifully detailed, private patio. Staff is extremely gracious and helpful. Restaurants are good, sometimes very good. Kabuki (Japanese) was amazing...our favorite. Least favorite was the American steakhouse (Andaman Grill). Service was terrific, but food...oysters, steak was just ok, fish a bit dry, lackluster flavors. Gorgeous location and table overlooking the beach. Amazing breakfast buffet! So much to chose from, all good. My favorite ended up being in the "Asian section"...fabulous soup with lemongrass, greens, vinegar and 8 various seasonings to chose from. Never made it into Phuket town or Patong Beach due to the luxuriousness and comfort of the JW.

1  Thank ruby6857
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the hotel was just amazing! The service is exceptional and the staff's attention to detail is nothing short of any world class hotel. The location of the hotel is excellent! About 20min north of the airport with practically its own beach and about 30-40min drive to Phuket. Hence, if you stay here I suggest renting a car, which will cost you $30 per day.
I would recommend this hotel if you plan to relax and enjoy Phuket without the craziness of Patong Beach.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RobertHajdu

Dear RobertHajdu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize the staff. One of the joys of providing good service, is having guests like you have a wonderful time at the resort. We are happy to hear you enjoy the exclusivity of the location/beach and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mai Khao
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#3 of 36 in Choeng Thale
Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas

Been to JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!