“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Mai Khao
Oslo
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

We stayed for two weeks with three children (2, 4 and 15 y.o.). Everyone just loved the stay. We stayed in an apartement in the Beach Club - which is actually a part of the hotel. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, ktichen, livving room and a OK terrace. The interiour is NOT trendy - and very "american" in style. (Everything is wooden and big)

The gardens are fantastic! The hotel also has a weekly program ranging from Beach BBQ to specail themes nights. We attended most of them - and it was good also for the children!

The beach is an experience for itself. It is 50 meters from the hotel restaurants and pools - but still secluded, and enormous! The hotel keeps two elephants - and for the children to swim (alone) with the elephants was an experience for a lifetime!

The restaurants are all fine - but the food is a little boring, and the prices are at european standard!Especially the Sushi restaurant is overpriced for the quality. We found "our" place at Andaman Grill. Great wine list - close to the beach, and a relaxed atmosphere outside.

• Liked — Beach, pool, garden and general architecture
  • Disliked — Price/quality food, plastic fabric on sofa, rooms.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank TravellingMaxOslo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2008

We spent 5 days at Marriott, mid January this year. It's incredible. I don't know what we loved the most: room, services were excellent, its gardens and architecture, the entire concept. It's a great location for a relaxing and peacefull holiday. It's the type of hotel you check in and step outside its door at check out. I would definetely recommend it for a relaxing or romantic escape. One comment: it's in the middle of nowhere so if you plan clubbing or hanging out this is not an option.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Iulia_Ro
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

An absolute dream....far away from the calmer more touristy beaches, but worth it. The hotel was a peaceful oasis, absolutely beautiful from the room decor (orchids everywhere) to the pond to the lobby. We still talk about the breakfast even three years later--the best we've ever had.

Stayed October 2005
3 Thank travelsnob2
Bristol/Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2008

This is a belated review but the experiences we had at this hotel are very memorable and I would not hesitate to return. We travelled with our 2 year old and we found the facilities for children excellent. the kids club was fun and had great organised activites such as craft and cookie making.

The rooms were a good size and we had a terrace room which was nice. the Restaurants were superb and nothing was too much trouble.

Overall a great experience and cant wait to return!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — leaving!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank BristolSydney
Gold Coast Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2008

Family of 5 stayed here in late November. First class resort, love the Marriott so far, on all our travels. We opted for a villa cost wise. I can't wait to go back, loved the blue bar, the sunsets are magic, the pools are relaxing and luxurious, the food: excellent. Great value and a memorable experience.

• Liked — surrounds.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank SharonK88
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

I spend most of my life in hotels and am quite spoilt but this hotel absolutely blew me away. It exceeded my expectations in almost every respect and I definitely want to go back as soon as I can. The hotel contacted me by e-mail ahead of my arrival and asked me if I wanted to be picked up at the airport (for a fee). I was met by a limo complete with welcome drink, cool towel and newspaper. The check-in process was seemless and my room was out of this world.

Admittedly they gave me an upgraded room but I was stunned to have a beach front room with a huge balcony, a sitting area, an outside dining area and an enormous bathroom. The reception staff were truly welcoming, asked if I was interested in any excurisions and then delivered the relevant pamphlets to my room.

I'm not really a beach person but I honestly could have spent my whole holiday within the hotel grounds. There are three beautiful pools, loads of restaurants and an amazing white sandy beach. They even have their own version of a night market selling local crafts.

The breakfast buffet was probably the best I have ever seen. There is a good Italian resaturant and a very sophisticated Thai restauarant right on the beach. They have a magnificent ultra-modern beach-front bar with great atmosphere.

One great feature is a 24 hour deli/bakery where all sorts of groceries and essentials are on sale along with light meals.

My only gripe was a wedding party on the beach which played music quite loudly into the small hours of the morning and a group (the same wedding party) that sat at the swim up bar in one of the pools all afternoon and who were very noisy indeed - but you can't really hold the hotel responsible for rude guests!

I really cannot praise this hotel enough and almost want to keep it a secret so it remains undiscovered, but I think it may be too late!

• Liked — Fantastic location and pools
  • Disliked — Quite remote
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
5 Thank SimonFlyer
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

We went to the JW Marriott in Phuket for the first stage of our honeymoon. It was an amazingly beautiful and tranquil place...just what you need after a crazy period of family and friends at your wedding. In general, I am not a big fan of large beach resorts...too crowded, chaotic, and often rather tacky. But the JW Marriott in Phuket was quiet and serene...everything extremely tasteful and in general in keeping with its environment and Thai culture, in spite of being an American resort. We had an amazing ocean-front suite with its own wrap-around deck, gazebo, and grill. They covered our bed with rose petals, made amazing "towel-sculptures" of swans, dogs, etc. (Cheesy, I know, but truly impressive attention to detail.) Our room was supplied with fresh tropical fruit.

We rented bikes to explore the island, which was beautiful. The resort is a bit removed from the towns, so the surrounding areas are mainly farms and small homes. September is the tail end of the rainy season, so we did have a few showers (which people apologized for profusely), but I would highly recommend traveling in September anyway. The rain was not a serious impediment to enjoying our stay and the resort was not at all crowded.

The spa is very nice and in the room Thai massages are great as well. The food was good at the resort, and the concierge is happy to work with you to make reservations and transportation arrangements for other establishments on the island. Overall, it was a nearly perfect experience for a honeymoon.

• Liked — The serenity, beauty, and quality of service.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2004, traveled as a couple
Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!