We stayed at a 2 bedroom villa at JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa, Mai Khao, Phuket, Thailand for 5 days and 4 nights.
The villas are generously spaced and airy. Big comfy beds and bathrooms, with kitchenette, fridge, washing machine and dryer.
3 main pools catering for families with kids, couples wanting quiet time alone or for just swimming.
We loved Kabuki, the Japanese restaurant and Ginja Taste, the Thai restaurant, that was on the resort property. Food was excellent but pricely. You must try the teppanyaki @ Kabuki, the chef is excellent and entertaining as well!
The service at this resort was excellent. We asked for drinking water for our villa and it came almost immediately after we put down the phone. The buggy services from our villa, at the remote end of the property, to the main lobby and dining areas, was prompt and easy to use.
We didn't like the lack of beach sports / activities. Getting to Patong or Phuket Town from the resort in Mai Khao was also troublesome. Each journey took at least 1 hour, one way, from the resort.
Just outside this resort is Turtle Village where less expensive food at The Coffee Club, beer and drinks @ Bill Bentley can be found. A mini-mart is there if you need to get something that you may have forgotten. Also, we liked the Green Angel Spa @ Turtle Village that we had 3 days of wonderful massages there. The resort provides free shuttle bus services to Turtle Village or you can take a slow 15 mins walk there.
I would recommend JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa for anyone wanting to spend a relaxing time with your better half, or with the kids.
But if you are the type of traveller who likes to move around, the location of JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa put it at a disadvantage, especially if you like going into Patong or Phuket Town for shopping and dinning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Twenty minutes north of the airport, our Phuket resort's grounds comprise 265 spacious rooms including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, full-service Mandara Spa, on-site turtle shelter, shopping arcade, activities-packed kids club including on-site turtle shelter. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao