Stayed 4 nights in this resort over the last weekend. This stay is a pleasant one. My family enjoyed this vacation a lot. I got tips from previous review which has made my stay a better one so I would also like to share my comments.
The Good Things
- the service is excellent, wherever you go the staff will smile and greet you, all the staff at the resturant and reception are helpful and polite. Tobtab at the front desk is particularly helpful, I do feel that he is the type of staff that really cares whether you enjoy the stay or not. Lek in Chaam is also good. It is not easy to maintain such a high standard team. Well done.
- we stayed in a two bedroom suite, it is spacious and well equiped, my wife loves the balcony, she prefers to make herself a light breakfast and enjoy that in the balcony rather than going to the resturant for the breakfast buffet.
- the swimming pool is beautiful and never get crowded (but since they are building more villas, it may change in the future)
- May be because it is a relatively small resort, it is never crowded, it is always quiet and relaxing.
- DVD are available, so we enjoyed a few movie nights in the room after dinner, the AV system in the room is good.
The Not So Good
- the wifi in the room is weak and need to re-login from time to time
- they are still expanding the resort so some of the rooms are facing a construction site, and the workers are working overtime. Thanks to previous review, we asked for a room that is far away from the construction site and eventually we got a room (RM601) facing the swimming pool. So the room tips is to ask for a room that facing the swimming pool if you are not staying in a pool villa. The construction work will be completed in early 2015 as I am told.
- The resort is in the North of Phuket Island. It took us an hour to Patong beach and also an hour for the boat to Phi Phi. If you plan to spend at least half of the time in the resort, it is the place for you. But if you plan to go out most of the time, you will find the location too far away from other main attractions.
The resort is not as grand as other large resorts, but it got its own style. For instance, on one of the days there was a sign at the resturant - 'The boss has dayoff today, all food 40% off'. They delight you in a subtle way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anantara Vacation Club’s brand new signature resort in northwest Phuket offers a truly indulgent tropical escape, yet is only 15 minutes from Phuket International Airport and a short drive from the bustling beaches of the south. The resort’s luxurious choice of Apartment Suites and Pool Villas are designed with couples, families and friends in mind. All feature an incredibly generous living space, with sizes ranging from 94 sqm for a One Bedroom Apartment to over 250 sqm for a Two Bedroom Pool Villa. Each apartment and villa is equipped with a kitchen, large refrigerator, cook top and utensils, as well as a clothes washing machine and dryer, to create a convenient home away from home. Just a few minutes’ walk away are the tranquil sun kissed sands of Mai Khao – Phuket’s longest beach. While Sirinath National Park that fringes our resort is your gateway to an impressive natural playground of sea caves, mangroves, coral reefs and dazzling islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao Phuket