“Nice cafe but average food”
Review of Marriott Cafe

Marriott Cafe
Ranked #8 of 64 Restaurants in Mai Khao
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy a creative blend of Eastern and Western flavours served in a casual setting, featuring an extensive breakfast buffet with Thai and Japanese specialties, fresh juice & more.
Singapore
“Nice cafe but average food”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Great place to chill out. We ordered kids meal and some Asian food. Service was prompt but food didnt justify the price we paid for.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
philippines
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I ate here twice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast was included in the room, lunch was provided by the convention I attended, and dinner was on my personal tab. The food was generally good, the reception was also excellent. The dinner is normally expensive for most patrons, except that I have a club marriott card I purchased in my country with dining privilege in Marriott hotels in the Asia Pacific Region. This allows 1 diner to dine for free with a paying companion. This basically gives a couple a 50% discount. So instead of dining out to the closest popular Thai restaurant in the area, we decided to eat dinner inside the hotel.

My problem is that for both the lunches, there were several flies roaming around the displayed appetizers. These appetizers are not covered, unlike the food in the chafing dish. Even though there were attendants looking beside me, they didn't do anything as I repeatedly shooed the flies (I counted at least 3) with my hand. This happened to both lunches. For the 2nd dinner (Thai food was the theme), they served me service water that had a large dead floating fly in my glass. This was the refill they served me on my glass, thus it came from the water pitcher.

The 2nd problem is that the attendants were too few, and couldn't cope up removing the plates. You either have to call their attention to remove the plate after you go back to get more food from the buffet table, or you have to stand up and put the used plate in their rack.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank al22tecc
Nashvillle
“Good international dinner buffet and breakfast”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

During our week at the JW Marriott, we dined at the Marriott Cafe on two different occasions, the international dinner buffet and then breakfast.
We really enjoyed the pasta station during the dinner buffet. My daughter was able to get her usual Fettucine Alfredo and I chose a pesto sauce over penne pasta. Both were very good. There were so many bread choices both at breakfast and dinner as well as a very fresh assortment of fruit, many exclusive to Thailand so we really enjoyed trying those.
The waffles and omelettes were very good for breakfast and the juice & smoothie bar has an incredible amount of choices.
For the children, there was even a special area that had chicken, fries and other kiddie foods.
We really enjoyed the fried bananas served with your choice of ice cream and sauce.

• Visited June 2011