“"Great Food, Great View and Awesome Service"”

Takieng Thai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Mai Khao
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: It is here under the takieng lanterns that many guests truly discover the feast from the senses that is our national cuisine, served in rustic clay pots in a breezy Thai-style lounge with giant triangle pillows on the dark wooden floors. Hot, sour, salty and sweet, served softly, shared, and savored.
Thailand
“"Great Food, Great View and Awesome Service"”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We decided to dine here on our last night.The only thing I can give credit for is the presentation by beautiful setting with the nice view beside that the taste of food very delicious. Before we order the food, the manager of Takieng came to our table and explained their special menu from that night. We ordered a dish of seafood by fish and prawns. Their service was awesome. They served some small bit of Papaya salad for our appetizer, while we were waiting our food. Then came a lady with our food and explained the consist of food. Amazingly the taste of our food became more delicious. what we love about this place are their hospitality and they always served food with smile. Awesome!!!...

Jonathan Kingston

• Thai first
Scottsbluff, Nebraska, United States
“awesome”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great food and service. Would definitely go back. They didn't have brown rice but they did try to accommodate that request. We were staying in the hotel and yet it felt like local home cooked thai.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Letizia K
Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
“Perfection”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had read the reviews before I went and they were all very positive so I had high expectations and I am delighted to say the Takieng did not let me down.

The restaurant setting is just beautiful, the staff are so attentive but also friendly and the food is just exquisite. We went as a group of 4, we all ordered separate dishes and every single one was sensational.

I have been living on Phuket for over a year and cannot believe that I haven't been before. The only negative comment I had read was that it is a little expensive. I have to disagree, the quality of food you get, in the beautiful setting with 5 star service I think it is very good value.

This will definitely be the place I bring my guests when they come to visit me on Phuket. Perfect!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Katharine R
“excellent local food.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

If you looking for local Thai food may I recommend takieng restuarant.This place promt with quality of food and service and also special phuket lobster with red curry it was very nice portion for dinner....also nice location, i choosed to sit thai style for dinner with my husband it very relaxable and romantic so much.We will back here again soonest.
........namio

2 Thank namiori
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Tasty Local Thai Food Style”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the first time I come to Phuket, and Takieng Restaurant at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa impress me with the Local Flavour food and excellent service. I recommend Takieng Restaurant to be the best restaurant in Mai Khao area.

• Visited August 2012