In general hotels are not geared up to families traveling with children (in our case 7 and 11). This was the best family holiday we have because the two bedroom apartments give you the space that adjoining hotel rooms certainly do not. When you finish whatever you decide to do this accommodation has the feel of coming home rather than trekking back to the "hotel room".
My wife and I played golf with our eldest son while our younger son was very happy at the Kids Club. With regards to golf on the island we played all 8 courses and I would rank them as follows:
1. Red Mountain
2. Blue Canyon (Canyon Course)
3. Mission Hills
4. Blue Canyon (Lakes Course)
5. Phuket Country Club
6. Loch Palm
8. Thai Muang
Blue Canyon hosts the big events but do not miss Red Mountain. It is spectacular but can never host a Professional tournament because of the distance between each hole (buggies only). Blue Canyon and Mission Hills are only 10 mins from the hotel and the maximum distance you have to travel is 40 mins. We booked the golf through www.phuketgolfcourse.com which is a well laid out site and the service was very efficient. If you have limited time I would stick to the top three.
Back to the Hotel! It is located to the North of the Island and approximately 45 mins form the town. This did not inconvenience us but if you are seeking the party atmosphere you may be better suited to hotels closer to town.
The Italian restaurant is excellent and not extortionately priced. However the sushi restaurant is a rip off for what they offer. Wine is very very expensive so one piece of advice is to bring as much wine as you can with you. They charge a small corkage fee. One night we drank Mersault for less than the restaurant was charging for the house wine.
As some other reviewers have mentioned a trip to Tesco's in town is well worth while for breakfast or lunch items. The deli in the hotel is very limited and expensive (they also sell wine there but again it is highly priced for average plonk).
Overall we really enjoyed it and are returning again this year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marriott's Phuket Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Phuket Beach Club Hotel Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket Beach Hotel
- Marriott Mai Khao
- Phuket Marriott
- Marriott's Phuket Beach Club Mai Khao