We have been to Mauritius and Zanzibar a number of times and looked forward to our trip to Thailand - Phuket. Because of what we heard about Patong - party vibe, loud music and hectic night life we decided to book at Mai Khao Beach which is close to the Airport but far away from everything else. The hotel is very nice, rooms are up to standard and facilities are on par with those in Mauritius and Zanzibar. Breakfast was good value and a reasonable variety. Our rate included Bed and Breakfast only, and rest is for your account. Both restaurants at the hotel is very pricey and food is not great but acceptable. Since it is far removed from everything else you don't have much of a choice other than eating at the hotel restaurant. Staff was very friendly and helpfull and lived up to the Thai way of service with a smile. Beach was good and we enjoyed the sea, but no snorkeling or other water sport activities offered by the hotel like they do in Mauritius or Zanzibar. It all depends on what you want out of a vacation whether you would enjoy this hotel or not. I found it too far removed from everything, and if hotel offered decent buffet dinners, more variety of evening entertainment, etc. perhaps. Next time I will stay closer to Patong without being right in the hustle and bustle, but not in Mai Khao Beach as it is too quiet and nothing to offer other than what the hotel has and they take advantage on prices for dinner, drinks, etc. Even getting around will cost you - the hotel shuttle charges you, but much less than a taxi. We paid about 350 USD for use of a taxi for a day (9h30 t0 4h30).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with Play Stations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort