My family spent 6 nights in this hotel and the experience was good and relaxing, overall the hotel is comfortable, the restaurants offers good cost benefit food and staff is friendly.
As a highlight the staff put a lot of effort to "rescue" my family and two other guests who were trapped in a huge traffic jam due a demonstration, we called and after some time they came up with a solution and we came back safe and sound. This shows that the management really cares about the guests well being, as we were in a bus with families staying in other hotels (5 stars btw) who did not move a finger to help, so their reaction and help is not to be taken for granted.
Only some small remarks why I did not give 5 stars. The staff sometimes has some communication issues, we had minor problems in 3 occasions, my husband birthday surprise, as some misundestanding happened and the cake ended up not arriving as planned(staff and management apologized and even sent a lovely card with happy wishes in our language to our room).
Second issue was asking for advise for the airport transfer, my husband had to ask at least 10 times to be understood.
Last during check out, when I asked why our first meal had a discount and it did not repeat for other meals, I understood it maybe was due to the platinum status. After half an hour and two changes in our bill it was decided the discount was a mistake from the waitress...
Maybe it would be a good idea to have more people fluent in English for these occasions.
Overall the hotel is good, location is lovely, the swimming pool is inviting and has a lovely view of the sunset.
The family suite is great, my kids felt very special in a space really designed for their needs.
Rooms were clean and daily cleaning was ok, once we've found a fork and a spoon in our bathroom... but nothing we could not live with!
I will consider staying there again in the future and would recommend to my friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with Play Stations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort