We are a family of four with 2 young children and decided to try out this resort to our usual JW Marriott Phuket and were very impressed with it.
What We Liked:
- The large and safe ground with plenty of green spaces and trees which was great for the kids to run freely around.
- The nice beach-front infinity pool with a large kids pool.
- The nice kids club with various activities and other kids facilities such as trampoline, playground and selection of books and DVDs to choose by yourself. You could leave the kids there and come back to pick them up later.
- The entire resort was well maintained and kept clean.
- The good food, especially the Thai choices at the J's restaurant, although at the expected resort prices but not that outrageous compared to other resorts in the same area.
- The nice rooms, especially the ones with the pool access.
- The laid-back family-friendly atmosphere.
- The free wi-fi internet anywhere in the resort.
- The great service from the entire staff.
What We Liked Less:
- The pool-side chair mattresses and towels were old and could do with replacement, especially if the resort has been going through a renovation program.
- The lack of restaurant choices with only two restaurants, although we noticed but did not try restaurants who were next to the resort so this was not a huge deal for us.
Overall, this resort is now one of our favourite resorts in Mai Khao along with JW Marriott Phuket. The latter offers a bit more of an atmosphere, touch of luxury and provides romantic settings but our kids loved Holiday Inn Mai Khao so this was more important for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with Play Stations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort