Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,184 results
All reviewspool access roomkids suitepesto restaurantkids eat freetea tree spakids clubpool barball pitbunk bedsmai khao beachmovie nightcentral festivalwalk along the beachquiet beachkids menulocal restaurantsthai food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our duration of stay is from 6th June to 11th June 2013. I believe by now you should have read that Holiday Inn Mai Khao is located, I can say, out of no-where. To get to the resort, the car has turn in from the main road and go through quite a bit of long and winding road, with plantations on both sides of the road. So if you are the 'partying type' and wanted Holiday Inn, choose Holiday Inn Patong instead. But if you are looking for quiet time alone or quality time with your love ones (especially those with kids, aged 12 and below), I would strongly recommend Holiday Inn Mai Khao.

Holiday Inn Mai Khao is very family orientated. We booked a Family Suite. To cut things short on the room descriptions, everything is fine, except - firstly, the toilet seat in the kids room is not kids size. They do have a kids size toilet seat in the Kids Club so I'm a little disappointed to see that missing in their room. Secondly, the toilet in the parent's room is separated from the shower room. So after doing your 'business', you need to unlock and open the door with your unwash hands and go over to the bathroom to wash your hands. Got it?

Food. To me, breakfast is acceptable, not as much variety as Holiday Inn Patong. There is only 1 local restaurant outside (as far as I can find), so for lunch and dinner, most of the meals we ate at the resort. There is quite a selection of food on the menu, from 2 of their restaurants, so I will not feel bored of the food even after 5 days of meals there. As for the local restaurant outside, I must say that the price is NOT cheap. There is a minimart outside the resort (just a short walk from the resort main entrance), more choices of beer, drinks and snacks. But bear in mind that the minimart only opens from 1pm to 6pm daily.

The resort itself. I love the landscaping. Lots of greenery alohey he way from the lobby to the beach. The landscaping just makes me feel relax in the resort. We went during the low season, not many guest around, really feel the relax atmosphere.

The Kids Club. A must-visit for kids. I even enjoy being in there just watching cartoon. Our kids love it so much that they wanted to be there every now and then. They have activites for the kids all day round but I advise you to let the kids join some of the paid activities as it will be a very valuable experience for them (like pizza making, cup cake making, batik making).

Now, most important of all, their service. All the way from front desk to food and beverage to house keeping, they are friendly. But I do have some issue with the conceirge regarding booking of shuttle to Patong. The guy doesn't speak english that well so I have a difficult time understanding him. When I ask him to repeat again, he seems impatience. That is the only negative thing I have about the resort.

Overall, we, as a family enjoy our stay very much at Holiday Inn Mai Khao, thanking the team of Holiday Inn Mai Khao from the bottom of our heart.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AsherAda
spmorley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear AsherAda,
Thank you for your detailed review of our resort! Your comment is very useful for our improvement. As for breakfast we have always had an outstanding reputation for amazing breakfast and are top 3 best in class in Holiday Inn’s in Asia. We hope we would have a chance to present you the new breakfast buffet menu on your next visit as we continue to make changes always. As per your difficulty of communication with our concierge, we are very keen to improve the communication skill and request handling. We now arrange the English Conversation class once a week with native English Speaker for our front line staff in order to improve listening and speaking skills. Moreover, our training team will also conduct several courses to make sure our guest get best service everywhere in the hotel. Thank you once again for your valued comments and we hope that we will have the pleasure to host you soon again in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have visited the Resort and it will keep in in best memory. Its a perfect location for recreation and just leave work behind. From the first moment on the staff was very friendly and cooperative. I was extremly satisfied the room size, which was bigger than I used to have it in 4start resorts. The breakfast Buffet is just amazing with such a good choice of Thai cusine but also variety of international dishes. I would like to thank everybody from Holiday Inn Resort Mai Khao Beach who made my stay there memorable!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JulianHo87

Dear JulianHo87,
Thank you very much for your nice review! It is always a pleasure for us to get nice comments and we are really happy that you appreciate our efforts! We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family and I spent 5 nights here. we had a booked a family room which comprised a large double, and bunk beds. The room was very good, and was comfotable for 5 people. The hotel was less than half full , and it felt pretty quiet, Facilities are good - excellent gymn & kids club. Pool was lovely with views to the sea. The one downside is that there is nothing outside within walking distance, so unless you want to spend money on taxis you have to eat in the resort. The food was ok, either Italian or local.
There was small shop which sold beer, snacks, toothpaste etc. Would recommend for a short break , 3-4 days.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear JMACS m,
Thank you for your great comments of our resort. We are very appreciative of your compliments. It’s true that our resort is located in secluded Mai Khao Beach. Our resort is for those looking to get away from the mainstream, to enjoy a beautiful and tranquil beach and want to use the activities and resources within the resort to escape from everyday life. Even we are not in the hustle and bustle area of Phuket Town or Patong, the resort is just 10 minutes away by car and 20 minutes beach walk from Turtle Village Shopping Center. If you like to shop, and do a day and night tour, we also provide three shuttle bus services per day to Phuket Town and Patong with reasonable prices or choice of private transportation and tours. Our concierge is at your service 24 hours daily at front desk. We are very happy that you enjoyed you stay with us and looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in this resort recently for 3 nights and here is the brief:

Location:

It is located on Mai Khao beach, 1.5 hours ride from Patong (Patong is most touristy beach where all the action happens). Resort is located at a very secluded place with absolutely nothing to do outside the resort. Though they do have free shuttle service for Patong with fixed timings. Otherwise, one way taxi ride will cost around 1000 THB.

So in case you are planning to come for relaxation, its a excellent hideaway from hustle bustle of city and tourists, otherwise you will get extremely bored after 1-2 days.

Pro's: Away from tourists and good place for relaxation especially for families.

-We were platinum members and were upgraded to nice pool access room.

- Pool access room was really nice with own private area of pool. Pool was clean.

- Room was clean and spacious.

- Room cleaning staff was very friendly and thorough and needs special mention.

- We wanted to play PS3 and went to kid's club (we are adults :) ). Staff at the kids club set up the PS3 for us in another business area and were extremely helpful.

- Reception staff was also very nice and cordial (Miss.Thip) including the bell boy (forgot his name) who helped with our luggage.

- we rented bicycle for free from the hotel. Even though they say free for one hour only but they did not charge us even wen we exceeded one hour. Nice service from the resort.

Beach: Very nice private beach for the hotel with adequate sitting arrangement. U can order drinks at the beach as well. Beach was very clean.

Special mention for the security guard at the beach. Not sure if it was part of his duty, he constantly monitored the beach. Since the tides was bit rough, he constantly monitored all the guests going in the sea. He even whistled if anyone went too far in the beach. Excellent job duty. Even in evening when I went for dinner at the beach restaurant, he was monitoring the beach throughout the time and kept making round on the beach.

Restaurant: They have a very nice Italian restaurant with open area by the beach. Food was excellent and reasonably priced.

There were several activities for the kids and resort is geared more towards families.

Cons:
- Breakfast was not included in the reward stay, which was surprising.

- Breakfast was disappointing. They only had one or two vegetarian options. First day, they only had noodles with vegetable and fried potatoes apart from the usual bakery and fruits. and second day they only had noodles. Even the fried potatoes were mixed with pork. Though I understand that majority of the people eat non vegetarian but vegetarian options can easily be included such as fried rice, dumplings etc. Others hotels that I stayed in, always have several vegetarian options.

- Location is far away. If you are young couple or activity oriented, you will get bored in the resort after one day.

- You can rent DVD's and PS games for free but most of them were already rented out.

- There was movie night planned on a big screen by the hotel but that never happened.

- Taxi ride to airport costed 600 THB, which is a bit pricey for the distance and the driver did not have receipt. We had booked the taxi through hotel. ( i do not think there are other options such as public transport etc because of the location).

Room Tip: Make sure you check the room for ants. Our room had small ants that you find on furniture and woods.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank globalroadies
spmorley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Globalroadies,
Thank you for your great comments of our resort. We appreciate your compliments of our team, services and facilities. It’s true that our resort is located in secluded Mai Khao Beach and away from hustle and bustle of Patong area. As we aim to offer the choice of difference, we choose natural and peaceful Mai Khao beach for calm ocean ambience and nice relaxing hideaway vacation in Phuket. In addition to seclude beach, our activity team is working very hard to create indoor and outdoor activities to fulfill the valued stay of our guest. We have just launched new Rainy Activity program on June 1, 2013 which special designed for our all age group of guest’s enjoyment on the “Rainy Day” or even on any clear day. We have arranged Movie Night at Resort Garden every Monday, Wednesday, Sunday and Popcorn movie night every Friday for outdoor night activity. However, the outdoor theater is subjected to the weather condition. Your points on the vegetarian breakfast and ants in guest room are appreciated. There are currently at least three vegetarian options, but we will see what we can do to further improve. Thank you once again for your valued review. We hope that we will have the pleasure to host you soon again in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is located on the northwestern part of the Phuket Island, it is just 15 minutes away from the airport which to us is super convenient.

The resort is new, facilities and infrastructure were well-established. It's a quiet and remote resort, and that exactly is what we are looking for. We stayed at the Junior Suite, the room is big and nicely decorated, I especially enjoyed time spending on the sofa outside the balcony overviewing the garden, it's just super relaxing and it feels like you don't have to worry about anything.

One thing is the Maikhao Beach can be a little bit rough during noon time, but as the beach is part of the National park, just sitting on the sunbeds under the trees with a nice drink bought from bar is an enjoyable thing to do for an afternoon.

Staff were super friendly and helpful, especially when my father was feeling not well that time. They were all eagerly to offer a helping hand and send their warmest regards to my dad. I would like to thank the restaurant staff and kitchen staff because they made special meal for my father during our stay. We would also never forget how Thai people smile, it's just cheers you up instantly.

Breakfast at J's was great, we didn't expect much at first, but the breakfast was mind-blowing with the variety and choice of food. We also enjoyed sitting on the tables outside where there is a sunken area with water surrounded by you.

We also tried the Seafood buffet on a Saturday night, we definitely liked it a lot because in Hong Kong we could never eat such buffet with such freshness and variety of the seafood at this price. They also have some wine promotions which goes well with the food.
Food at Pesto were also delicious and staff were also super friendly, we ordered again wine to go with our seafood, we also saw there were fresh seafood selling, price according to weight of seafood which looks very attractive.

I didn't get to try the spa as booking was quite full, but my mom did, she said it's very price-worthy so I assumed that's mean very good. The design of the spa is also very nice, I like how they connect each hut with wooden walk-way.

My mom and I also went for a stretching class in the Fitness Center on a Sunday morning before breakfast, it's definitely considerate for the hotel to provide such classes to guests. My mom was saying maybe 'yoga class' would be a better choice for her but we missed that time-slot.

We went out to the town one day and did some sightseeing, the staff from concierge is helpful and informative, we chose taxi over shuttle bus operated by the hotel so we could manage our own time and don't have to be scheduled.

In general, our stay was a lovely and memorable one, both me and my parents were glad that we chose this resort. We just enjoyed how isolate it is so that's why I said it's a perfect getaway from the busy city where we live in.

Room Tip: We saw some room on 1st floor with a private pool area, mom said she would like to try that next time. Building 6,7,8 are closest to the restaurant which provide breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nathelf

Dear Nathelf,
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed you stay with us and had good experiences with our staff! Also thanks for the great comments about the food. Kitchen team was very happy to receive this feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!