“j lawson england”

Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Mai Khao
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It is a great hotel nice and quiet we have 2 children 7 and 5 .good kids club.we could not keep them out of the pool.a wide range of food. I would like to say a big thankyou to all the staff.cleaners, kid club, waiters, waitresses & managers.for making my holiday so special. I will definitely come back.
*This Hotel Is Not For Party People*

Room Tip: We had family room with pool *excellent*
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank James C
spmorley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear James,
Thank you for your very nice comments of our resort. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and feel very honored to be part of your special holiday. We now have new guest activity program and new menus at J’s Café and Pesto Restaurant which we hope to create a new experience for your next visit. We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was staying in Holiday Inn for one week, and I really enjoyed my stay. it was a first time for me in Thailand and i can say i was impressed with the nature and thai hospitality. Holiday Inn located far from Patong, but that was actually what I was looking for, very quite and nice location. The hotel area is so big and so clean, the sea and sand is just like in dream. The breakfast is fabolous. Our room was so spacious and comfortable. But most I liked about this hotel are staff. They are all so friendly and helpfull, they show their care and so attentive, the most amazing is their smile during all day, thai people really touched my heart. I would like to mention about Lana as well, she is a manager and she could handle my requests so easily, she guide me through the hotel facilities and island sightseeings. She is very helpfull and her english is perfect in spite of her russian nationality, what was actually surpise because she looks like a thai.unfortunately one week not enough so I would definetely come back to this fantastic place and reccomend to all my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Leo W

Dear Leo,
Thank you for your very nice comments of our resort. It was a pleasure for us to have you as guest! Your compliments are highly motivating to our team to maintain high level of service. I have also passed on your compliments to Lana who does an amazing job of taking care of all our guests as our Guest Relations Manager. We are looking forward to welcoming you again and of course happy to take care of your friends!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was a great resort located a little North of the airport but direct access to a quiet and quaint beach... people were friendly and on-property restaurants offered a good and quality selection of food. Our favourite is the sticky rice and the fresh bbq seafood. The squid and fish were fabulous! We had a walk on the beach which was cleaned and not crowded. Pool faces the sunset. The little challenge is the when you need to travel to the more touristy locations, it is at least a 30 min or more drive away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Bunnyjune,
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed you stay with us and had good experiences with our staff! Even though we are not in the hustle and bustle area of Phuket Town or Patong, the resort is just 10 minutes away by car and 20 minutes beach walk from Turtle Village Shops & Cuisines Shopping Center. We also provide three shuttle bus services per day to Phuket Town and Patong with reasonable price. For private transportation and tours, our staff is at your service 24 hours at front desk. We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

For families with children .Individual tourists would be boring, I think.
Great kids club with friendly animators.
Great care of children!
Great beach!
Friendliness of staff.
The rooms are clean and comfortable

Room Tip: THE Best Hotel Mae Khao Beach!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nadezhda B

Dear Nadezhda,
Thank you for your great comments of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback. Everyone that visits a resort comes for different reasons. Actually we have many honeymooners and couples who stay in the resort who are looking for the seclusion and relaxation by the pool or on the expansive beach, whilst enjoying the Spa, the activities for adults like the local Bike Tour and even movies under the stars. We hope as you rate our resort the best in Mai Khao that we have a chance to take care of you again! Thank you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff was absolutely outstanding, warm and very gracious. Professionals that clearly LOVE their jobs. Thiper, Simon, Ritt to name a few of the team members as well as the housekeeping staff were so nice, so warm and treated us like family. I cannot remember all the names but it was outstanding across the board. Niomi was another name that came to mind. We stayed there last April for nine days and the food was amazing. The SPA was #1 as well as the service and cleanliness. I cannot remember the Star rating but clearly this property was 5* plus in so many ways. Simon the GM was like a family member and his staff followed his warm lead. I cannot wait to return and offer a strong recommendation to every one I can, despite the long distance, it was/is very well worth it..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vitaminmike

Dear Vitaminmike,
Thank you for your wonderful and kind review. It is a pleasure for us to know that guests feel at home in our Resort! The whole teams send their heartfelt regards to you and your family and we hope that we will have the pleasure to host you soon again in the near future. Thank you also for kindly pointing out some of the amazing team in the resort. We will be certain to pass on your thanks to them. Of course it was also great to spend time with you and your family. Thanks and see you soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was generally very pleased with this resort hotel. I was looking for a low-key solo get-away from Bangkok to relax and unwind and this place was almost perfect. I booked on Priority Club points and was upgraded from a Garden Room to a Pool Access Room. I also received a wonderful complimentary fruit basket in my room. I don't think this was technically permiited by the rules but my upgrade was already set up upon my arrival. It may have something to do with being Platinum or that the resort was at only 70% occupancy. I thought the room was lovely and clean. I would recommend the pool access rooms as it was great to easily dip into the pool day/night. I found all of the staff very friendly and a big "thank-you" to Max at the front desk.

While I ate at the restaurant buffet 2 times (which was good), others should know that there are two nearby beach-front restaurants on the right side of the resort as you face the sea. I ate at the second one 3 times (further along the beach) about 3 minute walk. That restaurant is run by an English bloke and was fairly busy with other tourists and the prices were about 1/2 of the resort prices. Having said that the food was by no means better than the resort, just a cool place to eat and take in the sea.

I enjoyed swimming in the sea with the big waves that bowled you over, but I would take care if I was there with children as there is no life guard and the sea has a pretty aggressive under-tow. I also took some time to walk along the beach (towards the left as you look out over the sea...towards the airport) and I was very disappointed to see how dirty the beach was (outside of the resort's beach). There was all sorts of garbage. It's a shame to see this pollution in such a beautiful part of the world. Maybe the hotel management could organize some sort of "clean-a-thon" along with other resorts in the area.

I have two small points (one good and one bad) regarding the room. These may not seem like a big deal but as I spent a good portion of my year in hotels, sometimes one notices the small things. The Good - the bathroom mirror was great! The mirror was large close to your face probably due to the narrowish bathroom sink. The Bad - while housekeeping was very good it would be a good idea to wash out the garbage cans frequently as the bottom can get sticky (soda, fruit) that attracts the ants.

While this is no fault of the hotel, I did find that the other guests were not very friendly. This is mainly a family resort that caters to Russians. Although I was solo, I wasn't looking to "party" or meet anyone, but the many times I attempted to say "hello" or engage in small talk with others, the other guests were fairly rude. Just keep that in mind in case you are travelling solo.

Room Tip: On way to resort get your taxi to stop at one of the many roadside restaurants/stores and pick up be...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank yyclhryyc

Dear Yyclhryyc,
Thank you for your kind review of our resort. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and your comments are high valued for our hotel improvement. In regards to Mai Khao Beach cleaning, we are always support Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation on beach cleanups which is part of turtle conservation plan in Mai Khao area. In addition, as part of community & social responsible we have also arranged beach cleaning once a month by hotel staff. Regarding the bathrooms we are aware of the problem and will work out the standard of procedure to make sure the standards are all maintained. Thank you again for your great comments! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We really loved our short stay here at the Holiday Inn. We had a fantastic time.
First of all: the staff. Absolutely great and friendly all over the resort and the kids zone.

Breakfast was awesome with a big selection of foods. The rooms are big and new. The next time I would prefer a room with pool access.

Only downside is the location. But since we had ou

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yes_i_do

Dear yes_i_do,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach for your holiday in Phuket. We really appreciate that you took the time to write your feedback and were delighted to hear that you loved your stay in our hotel and really appreciated the services proposed by our staff. Great to hear you loved our breakfast which is actually a best in class buffet for all our Holiday Inn’s in Asia. Thank you again! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mai Khao
Chanalai Garden Resort
#13 of 56 in Kata Beach
Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort? Share your experiences!