If you hanker after the noise and sound of Patong (it is easily accessible by car in about 60mins), Holiday Inn Mai Khao is not for you.
Located in the North of Phuket, there isn't a hive of activities or an abundant of rowdy drunk youths. Which is perfect, in my opinion.
Which makes the choice of hotel in this area extremely important. It needs to be self-contained, detached yet friendly and comfortable.
And this is where Holiday Inn Mai Khao scores very highly.
Rooms are clean and modern. Breakfast was wonderfully aplenty with a good spread of Western, Thai and Asian fare. Facilities and amenities are top-notch - plenty of space for kids to run around, a well-maintained kid's club, state-of-the-art gym, spa, large pool, quiet and clean private beach..
For those who prefer something more local, there are even a couple of independent massage, and fruits and beverage huts on the beach a stone's throw away from the main pool.
But what really made the REAL difference is the service staff.
On one particular night, there was a thunderstorm and we were told, a tree fell and damaged the main generator outside the resort. It pitched most of Mai Khao in total darkness. But the staff was on standby to assure everyone work was being done and power would eventually come back on, which it did.
Above all, there were 3 people who deserve a special mention: Manam (or seahorse in Thai) who works in F&B. Bank, the Duty Manager and finally Jeab, the Front Desk Manager.
Let's start with Manam. My wife and I were particularly impressed with Manam. He made a conscientious effort to remember our names, even takes note when I like my double espresso and promptly delivers it. He goes as far as to recommend activities both inside and outside of Holiday Inn. But it is his non-pushy attitude that is most appreciated. After all, no one likes a tout when on vacation. I hope Manam is recognised for his work because he truly deserves it.
Bank, the Duty Manager was just as important in making the stay memorable. On a few nights, we had other guests from other blocks jumping into the private pool that our Pool Access rooms have. They talked loudly and made quite a din in a place they weren't supposed to be in. Thankfully there was Bank. He approached them in the most gentle yet firm way to remind them that perhaps they would prefer the family pool as this was for private purposes. What professionalism! I thank Bank for the peaceful nights I had.
Jeab, the Front Desk Manager, spoke impeccable English and was attentive to our needs and suggestions, and was generally on top of things.
These 3 people basically made it easier for me to choose to come back to Holiday Inn Mai Khao. Equally important, my wife and I have already recommended it to our friends - couples, families, singles.
Now, if only we could do something about the number of loud Russians and Mainland Chinese who also rate Holiday Inn Mai Khao as highly as us! But that's another story.
I digress, well done guys. Keep up the great work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with Play Stations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort