1,239 results
All reviewspool access roompesto restaurantkids eat freekids suitekids clubtea tree spaball pitpool barbunk bedsmai khao beachhuge showermovie nightcentral festivalquiet beachwalk along the beachlocal restaurantsthai food
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had never stayed at Holiday Inn or been to Phuket, so we where so lucky to have made the choice to come and stay with Holiday Inn Resort Mai Khoa, We are a family of 4 and we where looked after like VIPs, and our children also, nothing was to much trouble they always had a helping hand for you and kept our children entertained, the Kids Club was great, we have never used one before but Nin,Tae,and Maeow, are all wonderful ladies with great programs for the kids. The grounds are kept beautiful,so are all the rooms,I cant fault our experience.
We didn't know Mai Khoa was a very quite spot so you will have to drive to see the sights, but they have plenty of transport to help with that,but for a quite relaxing holiday with no hustle and bussle it is the perfect area for this.Keep up the excellent service and keep smiling.See you all in Dec.

Room Tip: We had a family room it is perfect for the ages of our kids and asking for a cot was no touble either,it sleeps four very nicely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HIRMaiKhao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Stapo, Thank you for the great report and so happy that the entire family had a great stay. We are in a great location for the perfect family holiday and the kids club as you mentioned has a wonderful team who love kids and put on some fun programs for the kids. We do hope to see you in December. Thanks!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and his relatives, a group of 7 adults and one child, decided to visit Phuket. We were looking forward to our trip , but we had absolutely no idea we were in for an amazing holiday experiance and I must admit it was because of our choice of accomodation. This hotel is an experiance on its own! It is situated a little away from the sounds of the city but its serene atmosphere is absolutely delightful. We stayed in the rooms attached to the pool and could not stop ourselves from stepping into the pool to the extent that we spent most of our time there! The pools were well maintained and the pool bar was a bonus! (dont miss the happy hours at the pool bar!) The activities were well planned and kids were occupied with fun programs. The private beach was scenic and we loved spending the morning lazing on the hammock there. The spa requires special mention, the staff were courteous and helped us choose massages of our choice, the entire spa session was relaxing and rejuvenating (just as mentioned on the brochure! :) The food was delicious and the wide spread buffet was tempting!! Before we headed to the airport, watching the sun set at the poolside restaurant over martinis and pizzas was pure magic! So if you do plan too stay here, make sure to spend more time at the resort than sight-seeing...and I promise, you won't be dissappointed :) This review is not complete without the mention of a young manager and his courteous staff who welcomed us with warmth and friendliness! Thank you for making this holiday memorable!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank balz_rmoorthy
HIRMaiKhao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear balz_rmoorthy, The team and I were delighted to recieve your report and do remember the group well. Thank you very much for doing the report and highlighting so many positive aspects of the resort and your experience here. The Pool access rooms are great for those who want a quick swim anytime from their room and really this is a great way to spend a holiday. Great to know you enjoyed some of the activities and got to indulge in the Spa. Sunsets are amazing on the beach in front of the resort and no better way to do it with a few cocktails at Happy Hour! You will be happy to know we have a band also playing in the evening now for sunset at the pool bar.
Thank you again and we hope that you return soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My review is kind of overdue but my experience in Holiday Inn Mai Khao was so wonderful that I am still missing it now. We stayed in a Kids Suite for 4 nights in June at the end of our Thailand trip. The great service started even before I stepped foot at the hotel. The hotel sent me an email asking for my choice of theme for the kids' bed linen. My kids (4 and 7) were obviously excited. When we reached the reception, we were welcomed by the ever friendly Bank. We were given cold towels and some refreshing drinks. The kids suite was very spacious and the kids loved it. The design of the room gave parents like us our own private space and at the same time, enable us to monitor our kids. Only one small problem though. The toilet is separate from the bathroom. We had to walk through the bedroom from the toilet to the bathroom. As there wasn't any sink or water tap in the toilet, it was kind of awkward. It would be great if the management can install a sink or a flexible hose in the toilet. Other than that, the bathroom was very spacious and they also provide toiletries for the kids.

The staff in the hotel were the best I had ever encountered. Special mention should be given to the staff at the breakfast room such as Ae, Ice and the rest. They were always so friendly and helpful. By the 2nd day, they knew all our names and remembered our favourite latte and cappuccino. They even surprised my 4 yr old with a yummy chocolate cake on his birthday. The breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of choices. Yes, there were some flies outside the breakfast room. But it didn't spoil my experience at all. I also paid for a babysitter on one of the days. It cost THB300 per hour for 2 kids. The babysitter was great with the kids. The kids also loved the kid's club. The staff in the kid's club were all so wonderful with the kids.

We also tried the massage at the Tea Tree Spa. At first, my hubby and I tried the Thai massage during the Happy Hour promotion. It was so good that we went for other treatments. However, it was always fully booked so early booking is required

We also loved the swimming pool. There were plenty of sunbeds and they provided some beach balls and boards for the kids. The pool bar was also great with yummy shakes for the kids. There were also plenty of sunbeds under the trees at the beach. A great spot to laze around and enjoy the beautiful Mai Khao beach.

Some people may find the hotel too isolated but after travelling to Phuket 3 times, we just wanted to have a relaxing holiday this time round. We also had no problem going out for dinner as we had a rental car which cost us only THB800 per day. Overall, it had been a very memorable experience and I am already planning my next visit to Phuket just to stay in Holiday Inn Mai Khao again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank narissa07
HIRMaiKhao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Narissa, WOW! What an amazing report on the resort and we thank you and your family so much for staying with us and so delighted that you still miss us! I hope that means you will return soon! As you mentioned our Kids Suite's are special and really do give the parents and kids a nice seperate erea to relax. Sorry about the seperate toliet from shower / bathroom. It was designed this way to keep the two areas seperate and let a family / couple use both areas at the same time.
Breakfast is very important to us and for sure guests! So we make sure this is a wow factor combined with a lot of fun staff who love to remember guests names and your favourite drinks! The Kids Club and Spa reviews we great thanks and because the Spa is so polular we really ask guests to book in advance.
Lastly agree that a great way to explore the island is to also rent a car. We are happy to show guests some fun places to explore.
See you again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family and I stayed there late August 2012 and overall the service was good, F&B was excellent and amenities were good. The hotel is located away from the main stream and It was what we wanted. A quiet holiday away form the hustle and bustle. We enjoyed the stay and will return.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Night_Flyer703

Dear Night Flyer. Thank you for staying at our resort and for your report. We are glad that the resort gave you a chance to relax and were able to enjoy our restaurants. We do hope to see you soon. Thanks,

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The kids were so excited to stay at the new hotel after we printed out the activities program they have and saw the pictures of the kids club and beach. So when we finally landed after a long trip we were amazed at the hotel, the welcome and I have to say a Holiday Inn that is the best I have ever stayed in. In the UK our holiday inns are not so nice and we were worried at first but so happy.
Over the next 5 days we had great family time, massage time, and some special dinners together. We were glad we chose Mai Khao over patong as we wanted a place where we could really relax and avoid the partying and crazy patong. We took the hotel shuttle bus there for a day of shopping and could not wait to leave patong and go back to Mai Khao.
The staff were so warm and friendly, happy! And most of all cared about us. After the first day my kids were so happy because the so many staff new their names and this is from the kids club to the restaurants. Really not what we expected.
I have never done a trip advisor report but thought it deserved some kudos as there were some reports I read that is not true.
Food was priced excellent, half what I pay at home, good quality and best breakfast layout I've seen even in 5 star hotels.
We will be back in Easter and will bring my brother and his family to enjoy.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HIRMaiKhao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Nick A, Wow! What a wonderful report you gave us. Delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and you used so many of the facilities. We love having families in the resort and so glad the team delighted you and gave you the time to all have a great holiday. We do care about our guests and take everything to heart... both good and bad. I think that is important in order to give a special experience. Please do come back soon.