We live in Thailand and usually head to Samet for sun and sand but wanted to try something different this Songkran. While it's a little expensive compared to Ko Samet (but that's true of Phuket generally), the Holiday Inn Resort was a great choice for a relaxing family holiday.
Both restaurants (Js and Pesto) offer excellent food and with kids under 12 eating free at buffets it worked out a treat for us and our two food demolishers. The pool was heaven for our kids while the poolside bar was well appreciated by us parents come happy hour (excellent cocktails at a great 2-for-1 offer).
We booked the kid's suite which allowed us privacy and gave the kids their own themed bunk beds and TV. Games for a PS3 were available free at reception but our kids were too interested in the pool for be bothered really. Our 4 year old love the kids club and would have stayed there 24/7 if she could.
The staff were fantastic, spoke excellent English, make our kids feel very wanted and overall we felt very safe and secure with young children in this hotel.
We were there for the April Tsunami alert and the staff and hotel manager were faultless in their evacuation of the hotel, and we were safely taken with the minimum of panic to a high point on the island and kept informed as to what was going on. A fantastic safety procedure that makes me feel even more secure when we visit again.
If there is a down side to the hotel, it would be the beach. Again, as we're used to Samet's long, lazy, golden beaches with shallow, gentle water, Mai Khao's steep beach and strong waves and current made beach-side relaxation a no-no. But to be honest, the pool and facilities more than made up for it.
A great family hotel away from the hustle, bustle and jetski operators of Patong and Phuket. Great food, excellent value for money and a wonderful, attentive staff. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with Play Stations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort