1,239 results
All reviewspool access roompesto restaurantkids eat freekids suitekids clubtea tree spaball pitpool barbunk bedsmai khao beachhuge showercentral festivalmovie nightquiet beachwalk along the beachlocal restaurantsthai food
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed here recently with my family business partner after this was highly recommended by others who recently visited . After we just arrived at the airport our hotel pick-up was waiting for us at the airport and brought us straight to the hotel what was only 10 min away unlike other hotels who are more than 40 min away drive from Phuket Airport .At arrival the friendly staff took our luggage out of the car and handed us a welcomes cocktail with hot towels the general manager Simon Morley who welcomed us at the reception made sure that we were taking care of and handed out his business card for further needs .Arriving at the room i was happily surprised that i was given a room with a attached swimming pool to it .after the long trip we were ready to get some Thai food at the main restaurant of the Hotel were Chef Dennis Barton creates a Phenomenal Dining experiences the Red Curry Duck breast is absolutely to die for also the classic Phat Thai is one of the best i ever had , after staying a view days in the hotel we planned a dinner trip out side the hotel however when we were on our way out Chef Dennis came over and said to take a look at his buffet we were shocked by the quality and options that were given on the buffet that we just simply could not resist and especially by the cheap price WOW !!
Downtown Phuket is about 30 min drive and taxis are waiting outside the gates of the hotel for a very reasonable price they will take you to downtown Phuket , but why would you when all you need is in the hotel the massage that is centered in the middle of the hotel , there is a kids play center where children are entertained all day long , the WIFI is in the whole hotel available even in your room , the pool area has a nice little restaurant/bistro and the view is just amazing white long beach and blue steady water .I would recommend this Hotel/resort to anyone who is looking for a quality/value resort the Holiday Inn Mai Khao Beach resort took resorts to a whole new level !!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BaZzZ85
HIRMaiKhao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear Bazz

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful review on the resort Trip advisor and hope you have booked already the next trip to the resort so the team members can exceed your expectation again. Chef Dennis and Kitchen team is delighted to know what Thai dishes you loved and promise they will remain on the menu especially the Duck! LOL, thank you for your personal comment that we got to meet and was a pleasure catching up for a drink from you during the stay and hearing all the nice feedback on the team.

Thank you very much and the team looking forward to welcome you to Mai Khao beach soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Thailand is a country known for its friendly natured people. Well this holiday Inn has lived up to that. I have three children and sadly I normaly come back from a holiday feeling like I need a holiday. The constant needs of children do not stop when on holiday. In the past my husband and I would say let's leave the kids at kids club and find the kids saying" do we have to". This was not the case here, the kids wanted to go. The family rooms had game stations for the kids and child friendly furniture, without leaving my husband and I feeling like we are in a child's room. The food was generous and great for both adults and children. The staff made you feel like you are the most important person in the resort. This hotel works for family's as well as couples, it has achieved a balance of both worlds leaving my husband and I feeling like we had a holiday and making my kids want to go back. More to the point we will
Go back.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Stephdennis

Dear Stephdennis

It my pleasure by saying that we truly appreciate your taking time to review of the resort and give us a such wonderful feedback which a positive comment on both the family suite room and our facilities as well as our staff. I have passed your compliments to our Kid Club team and they are happy that your kids loved our Kid Club and facilities.

We have done our best to ensure that we have enough activities and games for the family visit. The kids able to enjoy the pizza or cookie making and other different activities we provide as well as the parent can have some R&R time. It is our number one goal for families with kids.

Thank you very much again and hope to see you and family soon maybe at the end of the year. Book early for the family suite!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Simon the general manager and his staff are fantastic, the customer service is second to non... the staff go the extra mile to make sure the guests are happy and comfortable.

The resort is a brand new,.... amazing service, The beach breathtaking......the most friendly and wonderful chef i have ever met John... fantastic food .... outstanding......

not the cheapest hotel,but you won't be DISAPOINTED for sure.
Simon and his team really do the Holiday Inn chain proud..... never experienced such a high standard of service, anywhere ...

Room Tip: very few rooms have a reasonable 'ocean view'. Maybe only two rooms at the very end near the beach that seem to have a really decent ocean view which is still obstructed by the line of pine trees.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Rudolphi

Thank you very much for your kind wording in taking time to review in our resort Trip advisor. I and my team very happy you have had an enjoyable stay. We are a new resort and always trying to improve and what I can say your great words are a huge morale booster for the team.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

On the positive side, the resort was clean, friendly, had a nice beach, swimming pool area and would be great for both kids and adults. The main restaurant was good and breakfast was excellent. On the down side, service at the Pesto restaurant was abysmal! There were 4 of us that arrived around 8:30pm and the restaurant was about 10% full. The drinks we ordered took, literally 1/2 hour to arrive. I ordered an starter while all 4 of us ordered a main course. After 20 minutes my wife’s main course arrived but no other meals. Ten minutes later my starter arrived and one other main course. Ten minutes after that the two remaining main courses arrived. The restaurant was not busy and there seemed an adequate number of staff in the kitchen area. I would hate to visit the Pesto restaurant when it was busy.

The time we stayed at the resort the beach would be unsuitable for young children who were not fully supervised due to waves and a steep entry into the water. If you wanted to stay on Phuket Island but are put off by the crowds on the main beaches this would be a good alternative.

Room Tip: Some of the more expensive rooms have direct access to a swimming pool from their balcony, although the resort's own swimming pool is good. The beach may be too risky for young kids to be in the water without 1 adult per 1 child.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Ozbee,

Greeting from Phuket Mi Khao beach and thank you very much for taking time to write a review and share overall of your experience in our resort. I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectation in terms of Pesto restaurant service and I have meet with the F&B management team with went through the points your have raised. I completely agree over the period you were in the resort we were overwhelmed with over 450 guests in house and this was just three months after we opened. The team have had a high commitment with training plan in place to improve on the learning points that you had given and I can honestly say if you returned you would see a huge change and improvement. I am very happy that you loved everything else in the resort and agree at times with young kids you have to be careful swimming in the ocean.

We looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in nearest future and seeing the changes we have made.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Away from the hustle, this is a peaceful, quiet very family oriented beach resort. A full day kids club (read free babysitters), kids pool area, playground, and bouncing castle were in use when we were there. Prices on food and drinks reasonable, and quality great. Fantastic beach. Only downsides: no ATM so bring cash for nearby corner store, no lifeguard on beach (but staff at pool), very slow with drinks when ordering before meals. Not a good venue for those looking for night life, but if you need a beach break and have kids it's the best I've seen!
Ps. They have an excellent nurse on during days and a doctor on call 24 hrs, and arrived in 20 min when we had a bike accident (our fault, not the hotel)

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Pomacentrus

We are so glad that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and thank you so much on your time to review us in Trip advisor. As parent of two young kids I understand the importance of keeping kids busy with fun and safe activities in the resort and at the same time parents get a chance to have time to themselves and indulge in nice meals, a spa treatment or just chill out by the pool without the kids. We all need this as parents and I think everyone deserves a holiday! On the ATM machine is one of our wish list and I am working to get installed onsite in the coming months. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and maybe see you again over the Christmas / New Year??