JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$108
JW Marriott
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$152
$311
Marriott
$401
$312
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$107
$381
$296
Priceline
1,232 results
All reviewspool access roompesto restaurantkids eat freekids suitekids clubtea tree spaball pitpool barbunk bedsmai khao beachhuge showermovie nightcentral festivalquiet beachwalk along the beachlocal restaurantsthai food
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This resort is not that large (two restaurants, one pool) but I have been extremely impressed with what this resort offers. The food variety (the buffet generally offers Chinese, Thai and Western fare) is very good but the quality is really the best I've seen. Last nite an excellent seafood buffet was offered- crab, lobster, shellfish, fish all freshly prepared all for 999thb. Which leads me to overall cost. Very fare for what is a solid 4 star resort. The room is modern, clean and I'd say the staff are very conscientious.

The resort has a spa and workout facilities and it also has very spacious games rooms offering pool, table tennis, table soccer, a theatre room and a video game area with PS3's. It also offers free 1/2 hr iPad loaners (rentals available too).

The beach is ok. A little steep with some riptide, but I've seen worst.

The only knocks are staff English could be better.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Vic-20
HIRMaiKhao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear Vic, Thank you very much for taking the time to right your great report and thank you for all of the positive comments and the feedback. Our F&B team have worked hard to ensure value for price and enough variety to keep everyone happy. The beach is wonderful but with the variations in tides it can feel steep at low tide. Happy to report we do not see rips too often except in the wet season especially mid year. You will be delighted to know that english training is in place and we have a native english speaker teacher employed now in our Human Resources team to improve the english of the team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

If you want a quiet hotel away from a hustled and busy area and yet a quality level of service and amenties, this is it!! Especially if you are a mom and dad brining your kid together,this hotel offers you with a couple of pain relivers. Long strech of a clean and quiet beach. Because it opened up this Sep.,this hotel doesn't seem to be fully recognized in light of value to money.

• Stayed: December 2011

Greetings from Phuket! Firstly we would like to thank you for your wonderful comments on the resort and our facilities as well as our staff. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you return again soon to experience all the additional changes we have made. Your kind words have been passed on to the team.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Ok so we are still here in Phuket and with 5 days completed on the holiday I have to take a minute to talk about this resort. Mai Khao is not Patong and thanking every bone in my body I did not book in that dump of a place called Patong. We took the hotel shuttle bus to Patong and we just could not handle the hundreds of vendors, suit sellers, street kids, massage girls, the constant smell of sewers and a dump of a beach compared to Mai khao.

So back to the hotel and wow what an experience. We booked this hotel because we liked their website and since we love our Facebook we checked out all that has been going on since they opened and they really hooked us with their active page. Check in was nice with a lemongrass welcome drink and a cold towel to wipe the plane nightmares away! Got a buggy ride to the room with a very funny bellboy who gave us some ideas what to do and loved our room. Good size, fresh feeling, awesome bed, rain shower, and a separate toilet from the bathroom which I like. View looked at the gardens which were filled with a huge variety of plants.

Breakfast is one of the best I have ever seen, fresh, heaps, and really interactive with lots of friendly cooks. Ate lunch once by the pool, drank far too much at happy hour every evening and the dinners in both the restaurants we outstanding. Pesto by the beach serves the biggest portions of food and great value. Back in oz I would be paying a heap more for what we were getting.

Spa was the highlight cause we never thought a holiday inn would have something so good. Sorry but we just were blown away and the lady I think in charge Tik was great.

We are a couple and loved the place. Even though there are a lot of kids for school holidays it seems like they have a heap of fun stuff for kids to keep them occupied.

We will be back and send all our friends.

Room Tip: Use the spa in the resort and book your room with breakfast
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick S

Thank you so much for the exceptional review! Our team has put the commitment and dedication in every detail in order to create a great service experience and continuously find new ways to take care of our guests. We look forward to you coming again and I hope we can wow you even more!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

First trip to Phuket with my family, great reception and front desk service were very good. It was new resort hotel and very nice rooms and you will like to stay longer there if you would like to relax and away from busy city. Quiet beach and not like Patong place whereby too many business matter over there and noisy. You can't enjoy JetSki which is the best thing to avoid any disturbance from stranger. Excellent service at the kids world. You can leave your kids over there for all day till late evening. Safe and a lot of fun game for kids. Free wifi, nice pool and room. We enjoyed the food there and kids eat free promotion but it will be nice if it comes with complimentary breakfast since I realized I did not entitle for this benefit even I am the platinum priority club member in which I got it from other hotel gold reward. Overall, it is nice place to stay and we certainly to come back to this resort if any upcoming plan.

Room Tip: Lower level floor room either connecting to pool or garden is very good
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the resort and facilities. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback you have given. In regards of Platinum Priority Club Member complimentary breakfast, this is not a part of the benefits of a Platinum member but I can assure you after checking your stay all the correct benefits like upgrading and amenities were given to you. In any case I hope that you return soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is an isolated resort with an excellent friendly staff. If you want to "get away from it all," this is an excellent choice. The beach is beautiful and expansive ( it's at least a one kilometer walk to the next resort.) There are two restaurants with above average fare. Low cost message is available on the beach. Even though my wife and I don't have kids, we were impressed by the family friendly enviroment (the childern's activity room was impressive and I saw a staff member patiently explaining the contents of a first aid kit to several captivated pre-teens.)

The one knock against this resort is the isolated location. There are no convenient restaurants or tourist attractions nearby. However, the concierge is helpful and taxis are readily available. My wife and I visited in early december and the weather was magnificent. The cost is about 1/2 of Patong beach if you choose the "opening special."

My wife and I very much enjoyed our 4 days at Mai Khao Holiday Inn and would definitely choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: If your planing a multi destination Phukett trip make this the last place you stay on your agenda as it is only 10 -15 minute drive to the airport.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin S

On behalf of the team at the Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach we sincerely thank you for your wonderful review on our resort, facilities and our team members. I am glad we were able to meet all of your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back soon. We have passed on your feedback to the team and they are very grateful.