All reviews private pool bedroom beachfront relaxing holiday birthday cake in room dining seafood welcome drink main pool privacy phuket resort luxury massage toys units tranquility bicycles
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is 45 min from town, some may see this as disadvantage. But you have everything you need.. Excellent staff Great Chief who would make you feel you are the only special guest in the hotel. The very spacious 2-bedroom villa with private pool and back door directly on beach sand makes the view from bedroom a matchless beauty.

Date of stay: September 2013
3  Thank Abdullatifksa
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The villa was beautiful but the s pretty average for this kind of a resort. Though I had a fairly good time, I would not return

Pros:
Our butler Chayanunt(Nanny) was the highlight of our stay. Her service was commendable.
Beautiful villa with huge rooms and bathrooms.
The chocolate cake arranged for my friend's birthday was excellent.
Resort 15 mins from the airport.
Beach private and clean.

Cons
A murky pool
Poor housekeeping. Turn down service did not clean our wet bathrooms after we had used the pool. The excuse given was that we did not respond to the doorbell. The doorbell is not loud enough to reach the pool area.
Food portions are tiny. Not value for money. Food was mostly bland. This is the first time in all of my travels to Thailand that I tasted a sweet Thai green curry.
We were not allowed a late check out, inspite of our willingness to pay. We were not even allowed another room as we were told all rooms were full, which was not really the case.
We had to spend the next 5 hours hanging around the lobby and the beach which was not a fun thing to do on our holiday.
Taxi service outside the resort was expensive.

Date of stay: January 2014
1  Thank charlierao
David C, General Manager at Maikhao Dream Villa Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts and experience with us. Our hotel prides itself in providing superior products and excellent services to our guests and it is with deep regret to learn that we were not able to achieve that in this occasion.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and discomfort that this may have caused you. We have taken careful note of your comments and we will use these to further improve our guest's experiences.

We hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back at Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa.

David Coyle
Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife spotted a rat when we checked in. We called front office for help and Housekeeping guy showed up with a rat trap to capture the rat.
We want to checked out strait a way but we staid and this was our biggest mistake.

Never ever again maikhao dream.

Rafael and family

• Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank Rafael S
David C, General Manager at Maikhao Dream Villa Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Mr. Rafael,

Thank you for your time to write us a review. We are truly disappointed to read about the unfortunate incident you experienced. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

At Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa, we do pest control in all our villas regularly to ensure its cleanliness. I can assure you that I have discussed this matter thoroughly with our pest control company as well as with our Housekeeping Team. The matter has been addressed to ensure you and our future guests that this will not happen again.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing this matter to our attention. Your feedback enables us to improve and provide better service to our guests. We truly hope that you would give us another chance to serve you better again in the future.

David Coyle
Maikhao Dream Villa Resort and Spa

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had accidentally booked Maikhao dream villa resort instead of Maikhao dream resort Natai - best mistake !!! We loved our experience here - our one bedroom villa was just beautiful as was the outside courtyard with pool and spa. The villa was immaculate and serviced x2 daily - lovely bathroom products. The staff all make you feel so welcome - you almost feel like you are the only guests there. The breakfast buffet was excellent and our (Thai) dinner at the restaurant was delicious. We virtually had the pool and entire beach to ourselves and enjoyed the beachside massages. The location is isolated but we were happy to enjoy the surroundings and chill - golf course nearby. Was great to have a few nights here - close to the airport which was a bonus after long flight from Australia. Would definitely like to come back to Maikhao one day!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 131Emie
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We were astounded by this place when we got there... The furnishings were just as described in other reviews, each villa was huge, and we had a private pool and jacuzzi. We got settled in quickly and decided to go and explore the rest of the resort, including the public pool area.

When we got back, some longans which I had been sure had been on the table were on the floor. Couldn't figure out why. Later on, the mystery was solved when my husband spotted a rat crawling around on the inset ceiling. We called for help, and folks showed up with a rat trap to capture the rat. To their credit, they seemed quite familiar with this scenario, so I guess it's something which happens fairly often.

After the trap had been set for a while, we heard some noise and went out to find a hapless rat stuck on the glue (yes, glue, very old school of them), and the staff arrived soon enough to take the rat away.

The next day, the butler showed up in the evening and mumbled something about how he had been too busy in the morning to come and meet with us. Err, I'm sorry but if you're supposed to be our personal butler I'm not quite sure you get to tell us that you were too busy for us. In any case, we told him about the rat. He was unfazed, and simply asked, "Oh, were there more?"

We also went to a cocktail hour where the General Manager supposedly was gathering feedback from the guests. My mother told him about the rat, expecting profuse apologies and perhaps some mitigating peace offering, but was instead told that "we shouldn't have left the gate leading to the beach open", and "of course we do pest control regularly".

I suppose we didn't look like the type who would post on TripAdvisor. And indeed we typically wouldn't, but the treatment that we had gotten here, as well as the shock of finding a rat in an otherwise apparently perfect villa (we travelled with my 8-month old daughter so we were on rat lookout for the rest of our stay... Not to mention wondering constantly about which of the cutlery and furniture the rat had been crawling over), had prompted me to write this review.

Very disappointed.