All reviewsprivate poolbedroom beachfronttill departurewater pressurerelaxing holidaybirthday cakein room diningwelcome drinkmain poolprivacyphuketresortmassagehoneymoontoysunitsbugs
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife spotted a rat when we checked in. We called front office for help and Housekeeping guy showed up with a rat trap to capture the rat.
We want to checked out strait a way but we staid and this was our biggest mistake.

Never ever again maikhao dream.

Rafael and family

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Rafael S
David C, General Manager at Maikhao Dream Villa Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Mr. Rafael,

Thank you for your time to write us a review. We are truly disappointed to read about the unfortunate incident you experienced. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

At Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa, we do pest control in all our villas regularly to ensure its cleanliness. I can assure you that I have discussed this matter thoroughly with our pest control company as well as with our Housekeeping Team. The matter has been addressed to ensure you and our future guests that this will not happen again.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing this matter to our attention. Your feedback enables us to improve and provide better service to our guests. We truly hope that you would give us another chance to serve you better again in the future.

David Coyle
Maikhao Dream Villa Resort and Spa

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had accidentally booked Maikhao dream villa resort instead of Maikhao dream resort Natai - best mistake !!! We loved our experience here - our one bedroom villa was just beautiful as was the outside courtyard with pool and spa. The villa was immaculate and serviced x2 daily - lovely bathroom products. The staff all make you feel so welcome - you almost feel like you are the only guests there. The breakfast buffet was excellent and our (Thai) dinner at the restaurant was delicious. We virtually had the pool and entire beach to ourselves and enjoyed the beachside massages. The location is isolated but we were happy to enjoy the surroundings and chill - golf course nearby. Was great to have a few nights here - close to the airport which was a bonus after long flight from Australia. Would definitely like to come back to Maikhao one day!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 131Emie
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We were astounded by this place when we got there... The furnishings were just as described in other reviews, each villa was huge, and we had a private pool and jacuzzi. We got settled in quickly and decided to go and explore the rest of the resort, including the public pool area.

When we got back, some longans which I had been sure had been on the table were on the floor. Couldn't figure out why. Later on, the mystery was solved when my husband spotted a rat crawling around on the inset ceiling. We called for help, and folks showed up with a rat trap to capture the rat. To their credit, they seemed quite familiar with this scenario, so I guess it's something which happens fairly often.

After the trap had been set for a while, we heard some noise and went out to find a hapless rat stuck on the glue (yes, glue, very old school of them), and the staff arrived soon enough to take the rat away.

The next day, the butler showed up in the evening and mumbled something about how he had been too busy in the morning to come and meet with us. Err, I'm sorry but if you're supposed to be our personal butler I'm not quite sure you get to tell us that you were too busy for us. In any case, we told him about the rat. He was unfazed, and simply asked, "Oh, were there more?"

We also went to a cocktail hour where the General Manager supposedly was gathering feedback from the guests. My mother told him about the rat, expecting profuse apologies and perhaps some mitigating peace offering, but was instead told that "we shouldn't have left the gate leading to the beach open", and "of course we do pest control regularly".

I suppose we didn't look like the type who would post on TripAdvisor. And indeed we typically wouldn't, but the treatment that we had gotten here, as well as the shock of finding a rat in an otherwise apparently perfect villa (we travelled with my 8-month old daughter so we were on rat lookout for the rest of our stay... Not to mention wondering constantly about which of the cutlery and furniture the rat had been crawling over), had prompted me to write this review.

Very disappointed.

Stayed: December 2013
9  Thank humanbear
Reviewed December 11, 2013

perfect hotel,perfect service,great food.quite expensive but worth saving money for your perfect family vaction or honeymoon.the hotel is 10 minutes from the airport and the region itself is in a remote area,so you will feel like your the only tourist in phuket...

1  Thank SlothGoneEating
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I've no words to express how happy me and my family were here! Its really a paradise on earth! Very right to its name itspreally a dream come true:) thevilla was superb with all the facilities! You name anything and it's there! The service and hospitality was awesome.and most of all thanks to Tee who really took care of us! The location is the best I've ever seen of all the resorts on beach. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were the two places where we spent maximum of our time.I'm sure this was the first experience here but it won't be the last!!! Every moment here was memorable:) three cheers to the mai Khao dream villa resort team!!!

• Stayed: November 2013