All reviews private pool bedroom beachfront till departure water pressure relaxing holiday birthday cake in room dining welcome drink main pool privacy phuket resort massage honeymoon toys units bugs
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had accidentally booked Maikhao dream villa resort instead of Maikhao dream resort Natai - best mistake !!! We loved our experience here - our one bedroom villa was just beautiful as was the outside courtyard with pool and spa. The villa was immaculate and serviced x2 daily - lovely bathroom products. The staff all make you feel so welcome - you almost feel like you are the only guests there. The breakfast buffet was excellent and our (Thai) dinner at the restaurant was delicious. We virtually had the pool and entire beach to ourselves and enjoyed the beachside massages. The location is isolated but we were happy to enjoy the surroundings and chill - golf course nearby. Was great to have a few nights here - close to the airport which was a bonus after long flight from Australia. Would definitely like to come back to Maikhao one day!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 131Emie
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We were astounded by this place when we got there... The furnishings were just as described in other reviews, each villa was huge, and we had a private pool and jacuzzi. We got settled in quickly and decided to go and explore the rest of the resort, including the public pool area.

When we got back, some longans which I had been sure had been on the table were on the floor. Couldn't figure out why. Later on, the mystery was solved when my husband spotted a rat crawling around on the inset ceiling. We called for help, and folks showed up with a rat trap to capture the rat. To their credit, they seemed quite familiar with this scenario, so I guess it's something which happens fairly often.

After the trap had been set for a while, we heard some noise and went out to find a hapless rat stuck on the glue (yes, glue, very old school of them), and the staff arrived soon enough to take the rat away.

The next day, the butler showed up in the evening and mumbled something about how he had been too busy in the morning to come and meet with us. Err, I'm sorry but if you're supposed to be our personal butler I'm not quite sure you get to tell us that you were too busy for us. In any case, we told him about the rat. He was unfazed, and simply asked, "Oh, were there more?"

We also went to a cocktail hour where the General Manager supposedly was gathering feedback from the guests. My mother told him about the rat, expecting profuse apologies and perhaps some mitigating peace offering, but was instead told that "we shouldn't have left the gate leading to the beach open", and "of course we do pest control regularly".

I suppose we didn't look like the type who would post on TripAdvisor. And indeed we typically wouldn't, but the treatment that we had gotten here, as well as the shock of finding a rat in an otherwise apparently perfect villa (we travelled with my 8-month old daughter so we were on rat lookout for the rest of our stay... Not to mention wondering constantly about which of the cutlery and furniture the rat had been crawling over), had prompted me to write this review.

Very disappointed.

Stayed: December 2013
9  Thank humanbear
Reviewed December 11, 2013

perfect hotel,perfect service,great food.quite expensive but worth saving money for your perfect family vaction or honeymoon.the hotel is 10 minutes from the airport and the region itself is in a remote area,so you will feel like your the only tourist in phuket...

1  Thank SlothGoneEating
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I've no words to express how happy me and my family were here! Its really a paradise on earth! Very right to its name itspreally a dream come true:) thevilla was superb with all the facilities! You name anything and it's there! The service and hospitality was awesome.and most of all thanks to Tee who really took care of us! The location is the best I've ever seen of all the resorts on beach. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were the two places where we spent maximum of our time.I'm sure this was the first experience here but it won't be the last!!! Every moment here was memorable:) three cheers to the mai Khao dream villa resort team!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank nidhighai
Reviewed November 30, 2013

First week of OF NOV-13 we family of 7 stayed IN 3 bed room villa and 2 bed room beach front villa and enjoyed the stay.. Being VEGETARIAN Chef has planned wonderful menu after consulting us. THANKS to him for excellent menu..All staff particularly our villa attendant was very helpful and efficient to cater our needs. Villas and swimming pool area are well maintained.Location of property is very beautiful.

WE ALL THANKS TO STAFF OF RESORT,