Lowest prices for your stay
$500
Free cancellation until 10/03/21
Travelocity$500
Booking.com$503
eDreams$503
All reviews staff was extremely helpful fix the problem pool and jacuzzi maikhao beach the hotel staff the general manager relaxing stay inroom privacy phuket luxury honeymoon relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had Booked this place online for 4 nights for myself from Tokyo and our family coming from Singapore.Service was prompt via email and very professional
Arrived at Phuket airport to receive a warm welcome from Vicky(Our assistant throughout the trip).Flowers and drinking water along the way
Arrived and directly let into our villa which was nice after a long haul flight, Vicky arranged everything for us, right from asking about food, appliances and everything.
Since my cousin was not booked for car transfer still arranged one for them in an instant.

Villa is great with everything you want like private pool, Jacuzzi, thai sala, gym, library, pool table, restaurants, shop , excursion trips,
Inside also big living room with utensils, cutlery,tv, dvd player
Bathroom are big and bedroom are also big and good bed.

Breakfast was arranged inside the villa if asked for

Private sea front in front of each villa which is also nice if you just want walk or sit around sea without being bothered by crowd in Phuket

Staff were very courteous and always greeting us with smile

Vicky was the greatest help all throughout our visit, special thanks to her.

Downside - Far from Phuket main city, but if you just want to relax then this is the place
Also maybe breakfast menu can be changed a bit more as it becomes monotonous after few days.

Overall, great place and love to come back

Room tip: Go for BBQ Dinner Party at your private garden/Thai Sala with your own Hawaiian songs played live
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank SheetalPrakash
Reviewed January 8, 2013

One of the most beautiful beaches we've ever seen. Long, pristine and very quiet. The area is underdeveloped touristically, which was exactly what we wanted. The hotel is quiet and very well located. The villas are large, comfortable and beautiful. However there were 2 issues: One is that the pool area is enclosed and does not offer much of a view. It is like you're in one of the most beautiful parts of the world, but then you have a pool like you're in a city. The other is the lack of professionalism of the staff. They spoke poor English, and made mistakes all the time. For example, every single restaurant bill contained a mistake. Another example, is that the General Manager kindly offered us a fast-track service from Phuket Airport, and took in detail all our flight information. This said, when we got there, our butler did not tell us that in the end we were not going to get it, until we asked. The reason invoked was 'I called yesterday to book it but nobody answered my call...'. Not very impressive.. A last comment to be aware of is that the overwhelming majority of customers (I'd say >90%) is Russian, to the point that they also hired some Russian staff.

Date of stay: January 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank G-Apicius
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our family stay in this hotel for 4 days, be honest this hotel the environment, facility, restaurant all is very good and the service is awesome, very polite and helpful, on the first night when we back to villa, I saw the bed sheet is open already and have a flower on the bed, the slippers beside the bed , ignite aroma burner, is so considerate ! From outside the spa pool and swimming pool is also very nice but unfortunately we don’t have so much time to stay in villa so we just use one time. An night we bought some seafood and meat from the market, cooking in the villa kitchen. They provide kitchenware and even garlic and ginger!

Unfortunately because two big mistakes will make me WON'T choice this hotel in the future again, they make me very disappointed.
- When we arrival front desk (staff name is June) was helping us to check-in, we gave her our passport and credit card for copy and deposit. I'm putting my bag and trip plan file on the desk, after few min another staff said "Miss maybe now I show you the villa, later we will give you back the passport". WHAT ? "I don't think this is a good idea, I want to finish in here" ( is my passport personal thing, is so strange for the question) after finish she shows us the villa. At that moment I'm realizing the trip plan file still on the desk , I'm running back to the lobby, the staff said "yes, your file just few min ago already we sent to your villa". At the same moment she shows me an A4 paper, "Miss is that this few days your plan will be like this ?" Oh my god........... she copy my plan information !? How can she copy my information without my approve ? Maybe she also copy other personal information? THIS IS DANGER !

- Because we know the hotel is very remote, if we want to go out at least is 45 min by car. So that we make an appointment by internet for driver service for that few days, and did paid deposit . But every time they also cannot meet us in the hotel lobby, because the "local" the taxi driver will stop them. We ask the staff to fix the problem because it's the hotel area. Again unfortunately is no more helpful ( staff name is June) she said "NOTHING we can do, they're local gang member", The guest only allow can take the "local taxi", even the price on the list is 20% higher than the normal price ? What can I do ? I feel angry and sad because I waited for one hour already, didn't know is because "local taxi" problem, and without helpful ! The 'local taxi" driver shouldn't have right to expulsion my car driver, the hotel staff allows them to do! I don't understand is the road is after the hotel security, then why she said the hotel can't control or do something to fix it ? I suspect the hotel staff have bribed with the "local taxi", induce the hotel guest only use their service.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Joe_927
Aaishah B, General Manager at Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Chan Lai Wah,

Thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor on 15th November, 2012.

We are very happy to hear that you and your family members enjoyed the facilities and services at our resort. We also thank you for your comments with regards to the “two big mistakes”.

(01) Keeping the passports during check in
As required by Thai Immigration Laws, we have to take copies of all guests staying in our resorts. As such it might take a while to carry out the procedure, especially when there is more than one guest staying in each villa. In order not to delay our guests waiting at the Front desk during this passport copying process, we would normally escort our guests to their villas as soon as possible and returned the passports immediately after copies have been made. In view of your comment we have since then taken necessary action to amend this part of our check in procedures. Effective immediately, we have advised our Front Office team to inform the guests of the need to make copies of their passports. At the same time, we would also inform the guests whether they would like to wait until this passport copy process has been completed OR would wish to leave the passports with us and be escorted to the villa first.

(02) The local taxis are parked on a public road and thus the resort has no authority to prevent them from parking in front of the resort. What we can do is to try to get their cooperation to ensure that they do not create any problems or antagonize our guests. The reason for making a copy of your itinerary was to advise them that you have prior transportation arrangements made from overseas and they should not cause any difficulties with drivers of our guests prior arranged transportation requirements. Unfortunately, in your case, the local taxi drivers’ communication amongst themselves was not effective. As General Manager of the resort, I have spoken to the leader of the local taxi drivers and advised them again that it was not correct for them to stop other transportation arranged by the guests. I sincerely apologize for making a copy of your itinerary without your permission made you feel uncomfortable. It was done in good faith to facilitate guests’ transportation convenience.
Please rest assured that our Front Office team is not being bribed by the local taxi drivers.

In conclusion, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and your family members during your stay with us. Your feedback enables us to improve and provide better service to our guests which is highly appreciated. We sincerely wish that you would visit us again and give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Best regards
Robin Lee
Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa, Phuket

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed in a private villa a week ago or so and this is an amazing place to vacation. From check in to check out we were taken very good care off by the manager and his staff. The villa was stunning and the pool in the resort like wise. Hated to leave and look forward to come back in the near future for sure.

If you go to the phuket side of thailand this is the place to be.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Troels R
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My hubby and I took our first big trip away from the kids and stayed here for 5 days. It was quite new when we stayed and all I can say is OMG! Everything was wonderful. The staff, the resort, the pool, the rooms, the spa, the overall helpfulness and service was amazing. Any time I'm looking for an escape, this will be my first choice every time. Thank you Maikhao. We love everything about your wonderful resort. Ok, there was one small downside and that was the location. If you are looking for somewhere with close access to Phuket, maybe not your best choice but if you are looking for a peaceful, ultra-relaxing getaway, this would be your place!

Date of stay: October 2011