It's my kid's and my b-day week so my partner splashed out on a ocean view villa. Direct access to the beach and pool. Resort is still only part opened, very quiet (which was what we wanted) and perfect for couples looking for getaway from crowds. A bit quiet for my kid but managed to utilize the kid's club at affiliate JW Marriott. The first night (as we arrived very late) was spent in a deluxe room, which was by itself totally serviceable--large bathroom, balcony etc. But the villa had great views of the sea from the bed... Mai Khao is quite wild at this time of the year with big waves amd ripping tides. Was very windy as well. The quietness of the place made our holiday feel like a dream. No hard sell like at the other more popular beaches.
Staff was ok... eager to please but most lack serviceable english language skills. The front office manager (a lady, but missed her name) went the extra mile when I had a minor complaint before the move to the villa.
Breakfast was ok... surprisingly not included, but the manager comped us eventually. The smaller spread is made up by not having to rush with the crowd for food/seats.
Breakfast room also has amazing views from the second floor.
The whole resort is very dependant on natural ventilation and details. Thus when it rains, the most unlikeliest places get wet. Not the rooms itself for now, but the lobby and all. With the marble/stone flooring, it can get slippery.
Overall I really enjoyed the stay. However, i think partly it's because we had the premier accommodations there. There is a marked difference in the treatment from the staff when we were staying i the deluxe room as opposed to the villa.
There is a water park called Splash Jungle for those who are looking for a bit of a thrill. Good fun! And only 10 mins away by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao