I can't recommend this hotel enough! I've got 2 more nights of my 8 nights stay and I am planning my next trip back here. Everything is to perfection. When planning this holiday, we were tossing between the JW Marriott and Renaissance and we made the right choice by coming here. Peaceful and tranquil. Little touches like the daily complimentary afternoon tea cakes brought to our room, endless supply of bottled water (Evian is chargeable), welcome fruit basket and dried fruit in a jar. After visiting the JW Marriott, there is no comparison. You will soon realize when you used the complimentary shuttle service.The hotel runs a tuk tuk shuttle between JW Marriott and Renaissance which we used to get to those tiki hut restaurants and to the turtle village.
Breakfast is really good with big variety and we sit, relax and pick on the buffet for at least 2 hours. I can't comment on the lunch and dinner here as I've been dining at the row of Tiki hut type restaurants 5mins walk or quick tuk tuk ride from the hotel. Cheap and good food there which I'll review shortly after I complete this.
Welcome drink was such a nice touch and was delish!
We bought snack supplies for the mini mart at the Turtle village not too far from here. Comparing with AU prices it was reasonable but we later made a trip to a 7-11 and things were cheaper there.
We rented a car from the hotel for 1200 baht which we used to drive around town , Patong and to the central festival shopping mall. Patong was not for us:) It was too chaotic and confirmed my choice of staying at The Renaissance.
This is where you want to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao