We stayed here for a week and had a fabulous break. We had a pool villa which was beautiful, and well equipped. Had a few problems with air conditioning, and plumbing which were promptly taken care of. Lots of mosquitoes there so we asked for insect repellant which they happily provided.
We stayed in neighbouring sala Phuket 5years ago and this was a way better experience as a family with kids.
The breakfast is good but does get reparative after a few days. The fresh smoothie and juice bar in the breakfast is fantastic!
We mostly ate in the resort and enjoyed the Thai food there. The Indian theme dinner on one night was a good change from Thai meals.
Also recommend to take the free shuttle to turtle village to try out the restaurants.
The neighbouring and sister resort, Marriott also has an excellent Thai restaurant. Free shuttle service is available to get there.
The massages on the beach are good value, although the 'therapists' keep talking to each other so not entirely relaxing. Also leaves you wondering if they are talking about you!
Overall our stay was fantastic and we will definitely go back there if we go to Phuket again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao