I have been coming to phuket for the past 4 years now (mostly kata noi), now at Mai Khao. I stayed 3 nights at the Renaissance Resort, and I must say, it is such a great place! If you want peace, serenity, miles of nice beach (albeit not busy at all). This is the place to go. About 15 minutes from the airport, but there wasn't a time I heard any noise for landing airplanes. So, no issue on this front.
The place looks great, very new. The design contemporary; modern looking. I'd definitely recommend this place, if you prefer modern designs as compared to rustic ones. I chose a king bed suite. Nice big bathroom, and comfortable bed with an excessive amount of pillows, but nothing wrong with that.
The service provided was impeccable. Professional and friendly. No complaints here for sure. What more can I say.
The food was great also, especially the thai food (takieng restaurant). Food at the sandbox was also pretty damn good. If you're staying here, chances are you will have to eat at the restaurants within the resort, but that isn't a problem because the food is delicious and the service especially good.
Ultimately, if you are looking for a peaceful beach experience, relatively quiet beachfront and all. This is the place to go to. Mai Khao is pretty far from patong or phuket town (about 45-60 mins car trip), so you would pretty much come here to get away from all the hustle and bustle. Awesome place! I'd come back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport, it is adjacent to Sirinath Marine National Park.The resort offers 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool. Golf is available nearby. For your gastronomical journey the hotel offers an all day dining restaurant with fresh ingredient at Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant, The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao