Lots of reviews saying lots of great things about this hotel... and fair to say it deserves all the praise.
Location - Close to airport, easy to pick up a taxi at the airport 500 Bht. Location somewhat "remote" but Phuket is small really so it's not far to go if you want to explore / want something more lively / cultural. Recommend borrowing the free hotel bikes and having a ride up to the local shops and restaurants, just as a break from the surroundings which are great, if a little sterile. Good beach and very peaceful / quiet. Not as stunning as some other areas of Thailand, it lacks the towering limestone cliffs but it is just a stones throw away.
Grounds and public areas are immaculate. Well considered, functional, well finished and immaculately maintained. Pool and Beach area are great too, beds comfortable and plenty of space for privacy by day. Service at pool areas as you'd expect... seems to peak at happy hour which is good news!
Service was absolutely first class throughout, professional staff, well trained, and indeed "at your service". This level is consistent throughout the entire establishment, Reception, through Restaurants and Bars and the Fitness Centre. Check in smooth, all other interactions with reception were efficient and effective, check out no errors and swift. Small error in rewards points picked up on return home was dealt with quickly by hotel.
Rooms are luxurious and spacious. Started our 5 day stay in R-deluxe room, this has all the "Marriott" trademarks of quality and luxurious bedding / fittings. Bathroom is large and high quality. We upgraded to have a private pool and the pool villas are as good as the other reviews show / suggest. The upgrade cost was worth every penny. Luxury in every area. Only thing that could be improved would be the landscaping in the private garden - it was non-existent, surprising given quality everywhere else in resort. Both rooms very quiet and private.
Dining excellent throughout. The Sand Box offers great food all day, local or western cuisine. The Takieng (Thai) is authentic and a very high standard - can be busy so best to book. The Loca Vore Breakfast is the best buffet breakfast I have had anywhere in the world, you will want for nothing. Can even recommend the room service Pizza, again you will not be disappointed.
Fitness Centre is ample to keep you ticking over during your stay. It's not going to satisfy the needs of heavy lifters but as a means to maintain your regime on your holidays it suffices with a good selection of Cardio kit. Also Steam Room, Sauna and Hot Tub hidden away out the back.
Would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone and fully deserves it high ratings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao