“Always at tip-top! Always a champion!”

Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Mai Khao
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

There are countless reasons why this property is at the top and it so very deserves to be on the top spot. From check-in, they show you that they are genuinely caring for you and want to help meet your demands. I had arrived in the middle of the night and can't log onto my Marriott rewards account at check-in. Hey no worries at all. In less than 10mins I was on buggy to my room. And 3mins within walking into the room, they found my account and assured me that everything is ok. The deluxe room is bigger than the usual Asian standards, so is the bathroom and bathtub. The window blinds to keep the bathroom out is an excellent idea. When opened, the whole room looks even bigger and brighter. When closed you can have your absolute privacy. The Internet signal is strong and fast which is really very very convenient. They maintain the same level of professionalism, efficiency, warmth and top standards no matter where you go. And that's so very important to travelers because being uncomfortable with the hotel means a bad rest and a bad day going forward. Renaissance literally saved me from turning into a wreck and lunatic. When I almost barged into the lobby in the middle of the night, I received nothing but efficient and top quality services. And they constant up their game by keeping the high standards and providing excellent accommodation and service standards. Please do try Sand Box. I had the most relaxing seaside food ever. Try the chocolate mud cake...so delicious. And breakfast is again meeting their expected standards. All staff are so friendly and kind making your stay so much more joyous. The grounds are well maintained and kept. The property is big so keep the map in your pockets and spend time to explore the resort. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Nothing flimsy or broken. I really hate to leave. And seeing how they have maintained their standards, I won't give any second thoughts about sticking with Ren now. Forget those daring experiences where you try those new establishments cause they are new on the block. It's a holiday. Not a time to try and be pushed to your temper's limits. And from the running and upkeep of this resort, you can easily see that their management is doing their very good job and it almost feels like a breeze to them. As staff present themselves to guests, that one smile they carry on their faces is enough to tell you so much about how much they enjoy working there and making the stay as comfy as possible. And here at Ren, just one look at the staff and you know that the management is at the top of their game. Ren u have so saved me this time round. I'm never gonna leave you.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Ms_1226
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 3, 2013

When you have that "don't wan't to leave" feeling, you know you have reached vacation magic. First of all, the staff is second to none. Instant friends, always personable, providing all the components to an amazing and relaxing getaway....they left me wanting not a thing. From the front office staff, to the F&B staff, bell persons, pool attendants, bartenders, room service......all are true assets to the hotel and made the trip personable and enjoyable. As for the hotel itself, the Pool Villa was the best accommodation I have experienced; spacious, luxurious and a haven to end each day. The bed was super comfortable, bathroom was sprawling and open and of course the open air living area into the plunge pool was a tranquil retreat - even when it was raining. Fitness Center and Spa were outstanding. Fitness Center also has its own steam area/wet area outside of the spa - and available 24 hours a day. Food & Beverage was excellent and reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and there was an abundance of choices to get a full days worth of nourishment. Even a special dessert each morning to satisfy an early sweet tooth. The bars were quiet, this being off season, and it was nice to have a soothing atmosphere to enjoy a cocktail or two while enjoying the peace and quiet of the resort or surf the internet. Happy Hour prices (2 for 1) were excellent and I challenge anyone to find a better deal for any resort prices. I did enjoy room service for dinner on a few occasions and the prices were more than reasonable. Delivery time of 45 minutes promised was never required - I waited no longer than 15 minutes for any service, from order to delivery! As for the location, yes many comment how it is far away from the hustle and bustle of nightlife and Patong. That was a major selling point for me. LIfe can be crazy and busy - a peaceful retreat provides more value than a noisy nightlife. That being said, transportation is available and although higher in price than what you might experience in most of Thailand, it was not unreasonable to move from the resort to anywhere on the island. Ever take a taxi in NYC? Then you won't mind a bit higher ride. Tours arranged by the hotel were also reasonably priced, easy to arrange and on time as far as pick up and drop off. This resort will take care of your every need! I sincerely cannot wait until I return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rkb777300
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Renaissance is located in a national park on Mai Khao Beach, so it was very quiet and peaceful. Just what I was hoping for! The facilities are really modern and luxurious. Their standard rooms are very comfortable. Plus the staff are lovely and helpful.

The Thai restaurant is excellent and the breakfast buffet has some good choices. The freshly squeezed juices looked and tasted amazing.

I had one of the best massages of my life in their spa. Not really anything to fault. We visited during the so called rainy season and it rained lightly for about half an hour one morning. Honestly it was a dream holiday and I want to visit again. Next time we might splurge on a beachfront villa.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Allilud
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As soon as we left my wife was already planning another trip. We enjoyed that the resort was away from the hustle and bustle of Patong Beach and Phuket City. Both are easily accessible.

The staff was amazing, and the service was personable and personalized. When possible the staff always greeted us by name.

The breakfast was huge and even if we had to pay for it we would have give the value. Everything was fresh, many items are cooked to order and you can have your own juice blended for you.

If you are only staying at the resort, I would suggest taking the Marriott Tuk-Tuk over to the JW to expand your dining options. The food is excellent at the Ren but there are only a few restaurant choices.

We stayed during the rainy season and only experienced rain once just after breakfast, otherwise the weather was perfect, but the sea was rough. We were able to get into the water, but saw others knocked over.

We stayed in a villa and loved our villa. The only downside to the villas is that the A/C will not go below 21*c and will then bounce up to almost 24*c before cooling back down.

The staff was concerned when I brought this to their attention and sent their engineering staff out to check out our system, unfortunately it was working as designed. The staff did however send an additional fan to help keep me cool (I sleep very hot). The main room of the villa has a ceiling fan.

The bathroom is well appointed but a bit more privacy for the toilet would be appreciated. We made use of the private pool, outdoor shower and recommendations from the staff of what we should do during our visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Aaron D
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had spent the holidays with my close friend in Sep 2013. I have heard from others that the premise is new and nice. On top of that I would get the experience of warm welcome from the hotel staff with sweet smiles. I would prefer to have those experiences by myself. No dissapointed.The service minded staff there is very outstanding. The premise is quite and very good for relaxation.Breafast is also wonderful .
It is the resort where I will definitely return and will recommend to friends, colleagues and family.
Siriwan/Bangkok

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A long weekend getaway from Singapore. Was debating whether to stay at the Marriott again (up the street) or this sister hotel. Positive & Negative. Positive is that it's a lot calmer at the Renaissance. Went to the Marriott just to walk through and check out again...what at zoo!!! Whereas here, there is no huge tour bus. That said, I thought the breakfast options were better when we stayed at the Marriott, because of all the different local food offered. Also, the beach at the Marriott is suitable for swimming.

Here the "common" pool is small; the time we were there the ocean water was very choppy and high wind.

The breakfast options, good but is catered to mainly Westerners. Thought I tried the highly rated crab benedict. There is nothing to rave about it. The crab was a mere sprinkle of crab meat that looks like it came from a can. Other breakfast options were decent.

Given that it's far away from town centre, we dined at the site restaurants 2x for dinner. The Sandbox, located by the pool/shore offers great options for the kids. The Thai restaurant Ta Kieng above it also was reasonable and good.

The design of the hotel is modern chic. The room was simple and comfortable. The staff are efficient and nice. Though the ambience of the hotel does not make me feel like I was in Thailand.

There is a scheduled short buggy ride to the Marriott and Turtle Village (for shopping). During the lunch hours, there are a few carts set up along the road selling food to local workers. I recommend you trying the banana fritters and the papaya salad carts. A helping of banana fritter freshly made is only 20 baht, while the papaya salad was 50 baht. Yummy treats instead of dinning at any of the restaurants at the Turtle Village.

Did not check the spa, I normally go for the good beach massage when available, for 400 baht. Highly recommend.

My only thing here is that the hotel fairly far away from the rest Phuket. Taxi is not cheap.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank sofiteme
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was my second stay and the overall experience was fantastic. Quiet part of the island. Great service. Comfortable bed. Just what I was looking for a quick getaway to rest and recharge. The massage at the spa is a must do.

• Stayed: August 2013
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong
Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach

Been to Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!