“"Paradise Found"”

Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Mai Khao
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this property and all I can say is "WOW". We enjoyed every aspect from the food, amenities, and the great staff. I haven't generally been a fan of Marriott properties, but the Renaissance has changed my mind. We definitely plan on returning to paradise!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2013

To make this short - it was a perfect stay at Renaissance and I hope to repeat it soon.
Excellent design, landscaping, pool, views and atmosphere...total relaxation and peace.
I agree with the positive comments of many previous reviewers... if you go, make sure to allow time for breakfast, it was the best I have ever had.
My son (2yrs) thoroughly enjoyed the kids club and pool, giving me a much needed break.
Thank you to all of the staff for making it a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 416,416
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this great resort for a week and had a wonderful time. The beach is secluded and away from the town by about 40 minutes. It really is a great little spot with no noise and great service/amenities.

Their are a few nice restaurants on site, try the Thai soft shell crad in the Thai restaurant, absolutely fantastic.

Definetly would go back and stay in this resort, nice pool, good value and excellent staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is relatively new. I stayed Pool Villa with my folks, the pool size is small. You can relax in the pool, but don't expect to swim much - just a few stokes. If you want to swim, go to the main pool by the beach. It is big but also crowded. I like walking on the beach with sunset. It is very nice with sea breeze.

Staffs are very nice and friendly throughout the hotel. Breakfast variety is wide, but can be very busy in the morning. I love the egg benedict with crab meat, very yummy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Naturalmade
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I decided to head to Phuket for a 3D/2N getaway. We had a fantastic short getaway to this hidden gem. Located in the north away from all the hustle and bustle at Patong. We took a basic room #124, near the beach and pool side.

Pros:
Private beach
Sandbox (a restaurant) overlooking the beach, with fantastic food and great ambience
Ample beach beds
Spacious and clean rooms with very cozy and comfortable interiors
Massages at the shack next door, at one sixth the price
Fantastic hospitality by all the staff members
Excellent breakfast spread
Some of the sweetest tender coconut water I have ever had in my life both in the resort and at shack next to the massage one

Cons:
Distance from the city centre, if you are interested in sight seeing.
Food is expensive, an average meal of two non alcoholic drinks and two main courses could easily set you back by 1000bht but the ambience at sandbox is worth it.
The beach is not a white sand beach like Similian or Phi Phi and the grains are quite coarse, but the beach is private.
My personal opinion is that the balcony on ground floors is not completely justified, as it did not feel private enough. The pathway was quite close to my room in fact, it sometimes felt people are walking into my room. I would have preferred a little more privacy.

We asked the hotel to hire a cab to check out the nightlife, cab costs 1600bht for the roundtrip and takes an hour to reach the city centre. The cabbie will wait 3hrs for you, the booze all over on bangla road is very cheap. Next day we decided to just chill at the resort and skipped Phi Phi, for which you need to leave the hotel at 730am. We just sat on the beach side, took long walks, got massages done,swam, sipped on sweet tender coconuts and just chilled out! Absolutely relaxed and refreshing stay! Kudos to the staff for making our stay extremely comfortable

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach are a big plus, a higher floor would be better for the view and privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank avinashrao
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Renaissance Resort and Spa Mai Khao was just what we needed !

We came here after a night at Kata and simply loved the beach...the marriot private beach is so beautiful, serene with white sands and waves...Loved the pool, the sandbox , jacuzzi in the pool and the rooms ! The service was super and the breakfast was wonderful !

Beautiful property and loved our stay here !

Room Tip: Either the villa or the rooms closer to the pool and beach will be with a better view . Also higher...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simran l
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This is an amazing hotel with fantastic staff who truly make you feel very welcome. If you are looking for rest and relaxation this is the place for you.

We spent 8 nights staying in a pool villa. The room is huge, king size bed, and love the fact the French doors open to the pool from the bedroom. In the of the bed is a sofa and chair for you to relax and watch TV or just chill out.

There is a sliding door partition to bathroom which has a huge bathtub, shower and 2 sinks. The pecksniff toiletries were a lovely touch too.

There is standard complimentary dressing gowns, slippers and flip flops available and regular fill ups of bottled water. In addition to your standard coffee and tea making facilities there is an expresso machine.

The villas are a great place to escape to but the main pool area is definitely worth a visit although we had our own pool.

All the restaurants offer a great choice of food. Taikeng the Thai restaurant offers some amazing dishes, definitely try the Masaman curry! You have a poolside bar and restaurant called Sandbox offering daily deals and cocktails. In the main restaurant Loca Vore you can eat here all day from breakfast to dinner. This has to be one of the best breakfast spreads I've ever seen. And lastly there is the Coffee Shop as another food offering.

If you're looking for a change of scenery the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to the JW Marriot hotel which is 1km away and from here you can walk to Turtle Village which has a selection of shops and food offers.

If you want to head to Patong which is the nightlife destination on Phuket the hotel offers a taxi service of 700 baht per person return. This is actually very competitive as this area is 40 mins away and local taxis were quoting 900 to 1000 baht one way.

Overall as amazing as the hotel is, it's the staff that make this a great place to stay. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and made sure we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: June 2013
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong

Been to Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!