This is an amazing hotel with fantastic staff who truly make you feel very welcome. If you are looking for rest and relaxation this is the place for you.
We spent 8 nights staying in a pool villa. The room is huge, king size bed, and love the fact the French doors open to the pool from the bedroom. In the of the bed is a sofa and chair for you to relax and watch TV or just chill out.
There is a sliding door partition to bathroom which has a huge bathtub, shower and 2 sinks. The pecksniff toiletries were a lovely touch too.
There is standard complimentary dressing gowns, slippers and flip flops available and regular fill ups of bottled water. In addition to your standard coffee and tea making facilities there is an expresso machine.
The villas are a great place to escape to but the main pool area is definitely worth a visit although we had our own pool.
All the restaurants offer a great choice of food. Taikeng the Thai restaurant offers some amazing dishes, definitely try the Masaman curry! You have a poolside bar and restaurant called Sandbox offering daily deals and cocktails. In the main restaurant Loca Vore you can eat here all day from breakfast to dinner. This has to be one of the best breakfast spreads I've ever seen. And lastly there is the Coffee Shop as another food offering.
If you're looking for a change of scenery the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to the JW Marriot hotel which is 1km away and from here you can walk to Turtle Village which has a selection of shops and food offers.
If you want to head to Patong which is the nightlife destination on Phuket the hotel offers a taxi service of 700 baht per person return. This is actually very competitive as this area is 40 mins away and local taxis were quoting 900 to 1000 baht one way.
Overall as amazing as the hotel is, it's the staff that make this a great place to stay. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and made sure we had a wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao