The earlier reviews were accurate. The hotel is new and in great condition, the beach was beautiful but the real winner in my mind is the staff that they have. The service level is high and everyone in the resort is well trained and sincere. The food variety could be better though as we stayed 5 nights, ate almost 12 meals there and felt like we ran out of options! The best food we thought we had were the grilled meats at the Sandbox. The standard there surprised us completely.
Our young infant son fell sick unfortunately during the second day there (we think its the seawater he drank accidentally) and remained so for the next four days. The concerns and care shown by the staff who knew were incredible. We were touched at the responses
and it helped us through a very tiring time. For those who want to get out of the resort, we highly recommend getting a car rented. Its much cheaper and phuket as an island is very easy to get around driving. The resort itself is far from everythng else but it didnt bother us as we have been there a number of times and aren't really the patong crowd type.
Great hotel and we will be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao