“Amazing trip to Thailand”

Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Mai Khao
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our room was amazing and the staff could not do enough for us. They made us feel like VIP's and friends they had know forever. We even went back and stayed 1 night before we went home and it was like going home. Don't miss this hotel and the staff is amazing!!!! They made the trip an unforgettable experience that gave us memories that will last a life time. The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get out of it! lol

Room Tip: We had room 338. They even gave us the same room when we came back for 1 nite before we went home.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel room is modern and nice. We stayed in the Deluxe room with balcony. Once you step in, you will be wow by the see thru bathroom separated by transparent glass. This is really romantic. The bed is super comfortable with luxurious down pillows and down quilt. There is an extra layer of feather mattress pad for extra comfort. This is truly wonderful to sleep on and among the best beds you can find in any resort.

The Bathroom is rather large with separate bathtub and rain shower. It has good supply of amenities for you to enjoy.

The breakfast has a good spread to satisfy you. There is section where you can choose from a variety of fruits and they will freshly prepare for you. Forget to mention, you have some ice-creams to choose from. Do remember to dine at Takieng, the Thai restaurant, which offers great Thai food in a nice environment.

If you prefer more dining options and maybe to tour the nearby JW Marriot, you can take a complimentary shuttle bus from the lobby.

Service is nop-notch the moment we were picked up to the very last day when you check out. Did I mention, when we arrived at the lobby, we were quickly taken by a buggy and check-in in our own room. We had a short briefing of the hotel and they quickly left the room. This is quick and personalized. I have nothing to fault the resort.

We highly recommend this resort to couples or even honeymooners as they do have some lovely villas. This resort is located at a quiet part of Phuket. So its for a relaxing stay instead of some fun at night.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is great but go for a villa for a romantic stay if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank UnderTheSheets
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Room was great, large, nicely furnished. Staff was very friendly and helpful. This hotel thinks of the little things like greeting you with a wet towel and cold water when you come in from a bicycle ride and daily snacks appearing in your hotel room. The food in the restaurants was very good but the breakfast was geared toward western foods with only a limited choice of Asian foods. I had a sandwich in one restaurant which was very good but the size was tiny and disappointing. The pool area was nice with sufficient seating for everyone. Unfortunately the Internet was intermittent, on one minute and off the next. Really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Khajorn
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great property, North of the airport and only 40 minutes to Patong, but so worth it. Well designed property that makes it tempting not to leave. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and everyone is very, very friendly. Only thing I could find was because the water is so hard, the overhead rainshower head was clogged, but otherwise, great property a little on the quite it side, but the Monday night BBQ, was well worth it.

Room Tip: If you can afford a pool villa, go for it. So private and relaxing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After having spent time in more that 15 hotels in and around Phuket and Khao Lak. I must say this is a nice hotel (nice like any other) but not anything spectacular.

Positives were that the room we had was massive, brand new and very well appointed.

If you can afford it .. I would much rather recommend the JW down the road from this.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VH03
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a beautiful, well run hotel with modern amenities but the atmosphere was a bit off. We felt as if the hotel could have been anywhere tropical in the world and we didn't feel like were were in Thailand. You're on the beach but because the hotel is not at beach level and there are no beach chairs and umbrellas set up on the sand, you find yourself confined to the pool area, wishing you could see the shore.

The best parts of our stay were having our own plunge pool, the excellent and high-end spa, the enormous and eclectic breakfast buffet and the day trip to the Phi Phi Islands.

The biggest downside is the distance from Phuket Town (an hour). I recommend riding one of the complimentary bikes to Turtle Village, a small shopping center in the resort complex, for dining and shopping. There is a good English pub and an excellent suit maker there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flyingpe
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We are now over the half way point of our 4 week vacation in SEAsia-celebrating our 30th anniversary & my birthday. We had 1 night between timeshare # 2 & 3 so I called Marriott to see what I could use for my free night on my credit card with them. I mentioned it was our anniversary (30th) While we were traveling they E-mailed me & asked if I would like to upgrade to a pool villa for 3500Batt per night YES!!!!!! I also asked for a late check out as our check in at time share wasn't till 3-NO PROBLEM!!
We went to sand beach bar and made it for happy hour. We decided to just have our dinner there. I ordered an Australian Rib eye-it was very tough. I told them-No charge & they brought me a piece of cheescake.
Also in room was a bottle of wine & 1 white rose on bed. I am loving all this pampering I am getting on vacation.
A private pool off your poarch is my idea of heaven. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had.
I hated to only be staying 1 night but it was 1 night of ellegance.

Room Tip: If they offer you a private pool villa go for it. WOW
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong

Been to Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!