“Nice but ... nothing spectacular” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Mai Khao
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Nice but ... nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

After having spent time in more that 15 hotels in and around Phuket and Khao Lak. I must say this is a nice hotel (nice like any other) but not anything spectacular.

Positives were that the room we had was massive, brand new and very well appointed.

If you can afford it .. I would much rather recommend the JW down the road from this.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VH03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a beautiful, well run hotel with modern amenities but the atmosphere was a bit off. We felt as if the hotel could have been anywhere tropical in the world and we didn't feel like were were in Thailand. You're on the beach but because the hotel is not at beach level and there are no beach chairs and umbrellas set up on the sand, you find yourself confined to the pool area, wishing you could see the shore.

The best parts of our stay were having our own plunge pool, the excellent and high-end spa, the enormous and eclectic breakfast buffet and the day trip to the Phi Phi Islands.

The biggest downside is the distance from Phuket Town (an hour). I recommend riding one of the complimentary bikes to Turtle Village, a small shopping center in the resort complex, for dining and shopping. There is a good English pub and an excellent suit maker there.

1 Thank flyingpe
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We are now over the half way point of our 4 week vacation in SEAsia-celebrating our 30th anniversary & my birthday. We had 1 night between timeshare # 2 & 3 so I called Marriott to see what I could use for my free night on my credit card with them. I mentioned it was our anniversary (30th) While we were traveling they E-mailed me & asked if I would like to upgrade to a pool villa for 3500Batt per night YES!!!!!! I also asked for a late check out as our check in at time share wasn't till 3-NO PROBLEM!!
We went to sand beach bar and made it for happy hour. We decided to just have our dinner there. I ordered an Australian Rib eye-it was very tough. I told them-No charge & they brought me a piece of cheescake.
Also in room was a bottle of wine & 1 white rose on bed. I am loving all this pampering I am getting on vacation.
A private pool off your poarch is my idea of heaven. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had.
I hated to only be staying 1 night but it was 1 night of ellegance.

Room Tip: If they offer you a private pool villa go for it. WOW
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

It is a five star resort near JW Marriott. It has a private beach and nice swimming pool near the beach. Check-in and checkout is fast and smooth. Breakfast is great with many varieties. The resort is in an isolated area and far from busy area about 30 min drive from Patong,. The rooms are clean and excellent. It is nice for romantic relaxation. All staff is helpful and polite. The service is Excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PANAM-Air
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

From the time we arrived till the time we departed, the service was immaculate! We arrived a few hours early before check-in, but that didn't matter, within 10 minutes we got our One-Bedroom Suite room. My toddler especially loved it, the large space allowed her to run around the room with full freedom! The hotel itself had an elegant and modern design with everything you can desire -- great walking area, decent pool and amazing secluded beach ....The property also had kids play area with a decent size kiddy pool, which was perfect for our little one's day activity. And the breakfast for both days was truly amazing! I think the only complaint I had was the location is a little far away from anything and if you do want to get away from property (which I don't know why you will! :)) then getting reasonable transportation can be a slight troublesome task. Overall, my family and I had an amazing stay here and will definitely come back for our next trip to Phuket!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great hotel, the service si perfect, all the people is very kind, but the best part was the Thai restaurant "takieng", best Thai food ever!!? Ask for Pookie, she was very helpful and really nice to us, the bar is very cool place too.... Don't miss the happy hours. ;)
Mr & Ms Gomez

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

From arrival to departure, everything was flawless. The breakfast buffet line was the most extensive one I've ever tried. You could even have ice cream, berry crumble, bread pudding and scones for breakfast !!

Room Tip: Villa 526 is close to Quan Spa and everything else.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mai Khao
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,036 reviews

Been to Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!