“One night inbetween timeshares-WOW”

Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mai Khao
California
“One night inbetween timeshares-WOW”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We are now over the half way point of our 4 week vacation in SEAsia-celebrating our 30th anniversary & my birthday. We had 1 night between timeshare # 2 & 3 so I called Marriott to see what I could use for my free night on my credit card with them. I mentioned it was our anniversary (30th) While we were traveling they E-mailed me & asked if I would like to upgrade to a pool villa for 3500Batt per night YES!!!!!! I also asked for a late check out as our check in at time share wasn't till 3-NO PROBLEM!!
We went to sand beach bar and made it for happy hour. We decided to just have our dinner there. I ordered an Australian Rib eye-it was very tough. I told them-No charge & they brought me a piece of cheescake.
Also in room was a bottle of wine & 1 white rose on bed. I am loving all this pampering I am getting on vacation.
A private pool off your poarch is my idea of heaven. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had.
I hated to only be staying 1 night but it was 1 night of ellegance.

Room Tip: If they offer you a private pool villa go for it. WOW
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It is a five star resort near JW Marriott. It has a private beach and nice swimming pool near the beach. Check-in and checkout is fast and smooth. Breakfast is great with many varieties. The resort is in an isolated area and far from busy area about 30 min drive from Patong,. The rooms are clean and excellent. It is nice for romantic relaxation. All staff is helpful and polite. The service is Excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PANAM-Air
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 30, 2012

From the time we arrived till the time we departed, the service was immaculate! We arrived a few hours early before check-in, but that didn't matter, within 10 minutes we got our One-Bedroom Suite room. My toddler especially loved it, the large space allowed her to run around the room with full freedom! The hotel itself had an elegant and modern design with everything you can desire -- great walking area, decent pool and amazing secluded beach ....The property also had kids play area with a decent size kiddy pool, which was perfect for our little one's day activity. And the breakfast for both days was truly amazing! I think the only complaint I had was the location is a little far away from anything and if you do want to get away from property (which I don't know why you will! :)) then getting reasonable transportation can be a slight troublesome task. Overall, my family and I had an amazing stay here and will definitely come back for our next trip to Phuket!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great hotel, the service si perfect, all the people is very kind, but the best part was the Thai restaurant "takieng", best Thai food ever!!? Ask for Pookie, she was very helpful and really nice to us, the bar is very cool place too.... Don't miss the happy hours. ;)
Mr & Ms Gomez

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 29, 2012

From arrival to departure, everything was flawless. The breakfast buffet line was the most extensive one I've ever tried. You could even have ice cream, berry crumble, bread pudding and scones for breakfast !!

Room Tip: Villa 526 is close to Quan Spa and everything else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed at the Renaissance Phuket for 3 nights - initially at the Deluxe room (1 night) and then we moved to the Beach front pool villa (2 nights). The whole experience from when we got to the hotel till the time we had to leave was a blissful experienced.

When we arrived, the staff greeted us cheerfully with all smiles - checking in was a breeze and they do it at the comfort of your own room. I am surprised they didnt even charge our credit cards upon checking in. The deluxe room was nice - everything seemed modern, clean and complete. There wasnt a single complain about the room.

We had a quick drink at The Lounge and an evening snack at the Sandbox and despite the prices, the food & drinks were excellent and the staff very attentive. "Sawadee Krap" was what we heard whenever we passed a warm smiling staff and by the 2nd day, the staff at the knew our names and our hotel room numbers.

Switched to the Ocean Front Pool Villa - at this villa is to die for and it was worth every baht. Everything was almost perfect - except that we had some technical problem with the electrical gate and the water pipes had some problems but nothing that they didnt solve in a very short time that made our stay a pleasurable one & memorable one.

We had one dinner at Takieng (Thai restaurant) and my goodness, the service is just excellent. Though the prices were on a high side we enjoyed the evening dinner there.

Two of the nights we ordered take out by calling a nearby restaurant. The prices were affordable and the food was delicious but please order 2 hours in advance. The best part, the hotel staff accommodated to this by sending us ample plates, fork, spoons and knifes to our room.

Breakfast at Loca Vore was delicious and ample but on the 2nd and 3rd day, we became bored of the buffet.

For activities, the pools were to die for, the beach is just gorgeous and we took the hotel bicycles (offered free) and rode to Turtle Village Mini Mart for beers & snacks. It was such an enjoyable ride and I recommend this to everyone.

Room Tip: If you could afford it go for the Pool Villas
Bangkok
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'm on vacation with my boyfriend. Renaissance Phuket is really nice place with modern decoration and clean beach. We are so impress to hotel staff, everyone! They take care us very polite and friendly. Perfect !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong

Been to Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!