Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
$92
HolidayInn.com
$315
Marriott
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$142
$130
$239
$69
Agoda.com
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$121
$202
$172
$326
$313
Coriacea Boutique Resort(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$191
$63
Trip.com
$306
$242
3,240 results
All reviewssand boxloca vorethai restaurantquan spasandbox restaurantsand barpool villabreakfast buffetdeluxe roomturtle villagekids poolmai khao beachthai boxingeggs benedictspecial thanksmain poolspa treatments
Reviewed November 1, 2011

But the view was less than I expected. I looked out from my balcony and saw trees and the tops of the villas. I would still stay here again though. It was nice and quiet. Wish I could move this suite to the LOCATION I just had at the J W Marriott Khao Lak, where I had a "pool access" room. The villas I just mentioned looked very nice for honeymooners. Very private.

My suite was two very large rooms. My bathroom was bigger than some hotel rooms. I had double sink, walk-in shower big enough for 4 people or more, a nice soaking tub, and separate room for the toilet, plus a big walk-in closet, and a vanity with mirror.

The livingroom was the size of a big hotel room, and included a nice L-shaped sofa, flat screen TV, dining table and four chairs, and a decent kitchen area with hot pot and espresso maker.

Very modern. Very light and airy. Lots of windows letting in natural light. With the private location of the suite, I did not have to keep curtains closed!

Incredible suite! It was an upgrade from a deluxe room, which I get as Platinum member at Marriott. I also get free breakfast (600 baht) and free wireless internet.

The big hotel pool was not so big. A bit disappointing. The beach is lovely though.

Would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies. Higher floor would add some privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Sim C
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is my third visit to Phuket. Third place.
Much to like about this resort with some caveats.
It is out of the way in that you will need a cab for everything unless you want to go to the sister resort at the JW Marriott. There is a golf cart or motorcycle/cart free transportation. The free option requires much patience as there is some waiting there. And this is where it gets a bit difficult here: there are 2 restaurants on site at night. The one by the beach was 'reserved' for private parties 50% of the nights we were there. That's just pathetic as management closes down half of the options and makes you feel like you are second class citizen on the premises. The restaurant itself was nothing extraordinary as we managed to eat there once. Pricing was ok. Quality was good. The other restaurant had a decent breakfast daily. It was exactly the same buffet every single day except for one serving: the Thai selection. The JW has a much better breakfast buffet. There is no on site 'grocery shop' like the JW has. That is one major miss. There is a contradiction in this place: they strive to make it a secluded area but you do not have everything you need to remain secluded.
Restaurants: I would say a C- for lack of availability, lack of choice, lack of diversity
Rooms: We had a 'house with small pool'. Perfect room. Frankly an awesome design. The bath, shower, and sink area were huge. So comfortable. Loved every part o fthe room. The bed was comfortable. A safe. WIFI worked flawlessly. Plenty of storage room. Nice deck. Unbeatable at the price we paid.
Beach: about 200 m from the house. Great, secluded, clean.
Grounds: the grounds between the main reception area and the rooms/houses seem to have been neglected, as if the design excluded taking care of that part. I found the option of 'sand' to be lacking in creativity. Could be much better. Needs investment. Overall, the grounds are not well kept up. For instance, in one of the paths you could see electric boxes popping out from the ground. I let management walk its grounds and find this box. Not a good impression.
Children's pool: perfect. Next to the Kids' club. Kids' club did not have extended hours. They had some good kids' videos that you could borrow. The rooms come with a Samsung DVD player and Samsung LCD. Did not spend much time watching TV. Used the DVD player only.

Main negative point: Aside from a couple of women at the reception, whose English is excelent and whose management style is great, most of the staff struggles with English and we faced many 'misunderstandings'. You think you told them something but then they ask you for that same thing again and again. That was frustrating. Some more training is needed. These are folks who try their best but the communication skills are lacking. And yes, I expect flawless English in a Thai resort.

Would I head back there? Not sure I would. I wish I could move the house/pool with us to other resorts as that is the highlight of this resort. It gets old quickly to be 'isolated'. You can by the way ask for a RT taxi ride for 1400 BHT. We did that for the 'night market' on Saturday. If they restricted the 'private' usage of the MAIN restaurant to at most one night a week, if they added 2 more restaurants ( please no overpriced Italian restaurant as the JW already has one ... people go to Thailand for Thai food not some cheesy italian food. ), if they added a resort transportation service that was fairly priced, then maybe I'd head back there. Work on the grounds please. This resort is now at least 18 months old so maybe there is more and better to come.

i would recommend this resort, if you get a house, not a hotel room, and you plan to stay there a couple of nights. the hotel rooms are not worth it at all.

Room Tip: Do not book the rooms. Book the houses. Else, go elsewhere. Once you remove the quality of the houses, this resort becomes a 'not worth it'.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Hamza B
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was there with the extended family for a 7 night stay. It was my first time in Phuket and we had a tough choice choosing between the various hotel options on the island but were very happy with our choice of the Renaissance.

Hotel was new with a high level of detailing and designed as a lifestyle hotel vs a boutique or mega resort. Property had 180 rooms, 2 pools including a seperate kids pool next to the kids club, 4 F&B outlets (superb breakfast, great cafe who make their own ice cream, very good pizzas at Sandbox and good thai food at the Thai Restaurant), business centre, gym, etc.

It was perfect for us who were keen on spending most of the time at the hotel and beach and enjoying the local facilities and amenities. It is about 45-60 mins from Patong or Phuket Town so if you plan to spend lots of time there this may not be for you.

Service was superb and staff went out of their way on almost every occassion to make us feel special and to cater to our requests including organising a special candlelight bbq dinner on the lawns in front of the pool near the beach.

The GM Jason Nuell and his team have done a great job to make this a wonderful property and I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pacman888
Reviewed October 28, 2011

It seems that the designer of this hotel had an obsession with privacy, when you live in there you feel very private and far away from the crowd. The resort is located very near the MArriott complex and the luxurious Anantara hotel. Rooms are comfortable, large and well decorated. They gave a lot of attention to rìthe bathroom which is a room by itself. Nice balcony and comfortable bed, american cable tv, many channels. The bar scene is still poor, there are two bars, one by the lobby, quite stylish but empty. The veach bar is minimalist and it is also a restaurant not particularly interesting, one evening they offer Kebab all you can eat. Maybe they need to revise this offer. Polls and kid pool are very good, teh main one right by the beach, comfortable beach seats of different kinds. The beach is very private, long and nice. If you like the beach this is the place for you. The resort offers more than 20 nice villas, all very secluded, surrounded by a high wall, good design. The spa is modern and trendy and the therapists are professional. I was not impressed by thier breakfast, only fruit and juices are extraordinary. Trash cans are only in rooms,I didn not find any all over the property, if you want to throw something away you have to give it to the attendants. I had a problem when I stayed in a third floor room because the airconditioning on theroof was very noisy, I reported the problem and they changed my room promptly

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheLing
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Five stars indeed! Worth every penny spent.

We traveled being 5 months pregnant. The hotel offered everything we needed including superb service, cleanliness, the hungry-elephant-fit breakfast with a REAL choice. The weather was rainy throughout the week but the villa pool improved the situation ))

Dining: expensive as per Thai standards, but there is Turtle village half a mile far with appropriate dining and reasonable pricing.

Overall: a perfect place to charge the batteries in style ))

• Stayed: September 2011