“Good flavours, bit of nature included”
Review of Kin Dee Restaurant

Kin Dee Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 72 Restaurants in Mai Khao
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Description: Kin Dee is a small, local, standalone hideaway family restaurant at Mai Khao run by 2008 Thailand's culinary champion. We serve local Phuket cuisine, live seafood, ancient Thai cuisine is just added on the menu. Vegetarian, kid menus, cocktails, Thai wine, main produce from the village where Kin Dee located and Phuket area. Open from 1030 hrs - 2200 hrs. 15 Minute drive from Phuket airport. Under 5 min to drive from Renaissance, Sala, JW Marriott, Anantara villa, Anantara vacation club, Marriott Mai Khao. Around 20 mins to drive from Aleenta, Mai Khao dream Natai.
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We went there for a family dinner w 2 kids ages 4 and 5yrs. The service was fine but the kitchen was a bit slower than other Thai places of a similar outdoor standard. In open air local places I expect food to start hitting the table almost within a few minutes of ordering. Local kitchens are normally just a bit quicker and me being Thai, I just have expectations of fast service. That having been said the food was good. We had 8 or 9 dishes and all of the fresh seafood items were very well put together and tastes as I would expect it. My only gripe w the food was that the smaller shrimps used in Tom yum soup and shrimp stir fried dishes were not fresh, not firm and slightly crunchy as one normally expects and tending towards soft almost powdery. I eat ALOT of seafood and these shrimps were coming due. But all other dishes were nice and authentically Thai. Ask thrm to spice it up if you prefer fiery flavours. The crab fried rice was very good, shrimp cakes nice and crispy, stir fried clams tasty and spicy. About the ambiance - I am not a nature girl and we ate there at dusk hence during the buggy hour. My kids did not like all the bugs flying around and landing here and there. It wasn't overwhelming but you will want to bring insect spray ( baby powder works just as well, I doused the children with powder and no insect bites on the arms or feet ) to keep the annoying ones off you. I will probably not visit the restaurant again but will definitely order take away. They deliver too! We are staying at a nearby hotel and for 1/3 the price you will get some really good eats. (Just remind them to ensure fresh shrimp if you don't get the seafood by weight dishes). Finally would I travel to eat here, no. This place is good of those staying in Mai Khao area or a short drive away. If you are staying in Patong or even Laguna, there are lots of places which will serve food of a similar local standard.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Prompted by other reviews we ordered food from Kin Dee which was delivered to our door by a friendly young lady. Food was delicious and plates, plastic cutlery and change were supplied. Food was hot and portions generous. Also cheaper than many of the other restaurants we patronised.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Easy going staff serving beautiful Thai food in a jungle setting! Probably a third of what you'd pay at Marriott and Co around the corner, well worth ordering from your room or better, dropping by for lunch of finer.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Been here several times. The food is allways very good. It's traditional thai food. The restaurant is in the middle of the "jungle". Very good atmosphere...
Maybe the best restaurant visit ever...

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Even though it's a bit difficult to get to the restaurant, it's worth.
The whole restaurant is on the big terrace, looking over the lake (let's say lake), but since I was there in the evening and it was dark, I'm not sure about the view.
The food, the most important think in every restaurant is very very tasteful. There's a lot of things on the menu, so in my opinion everyone can find something to eat. I will recommend thai food, since it has been prepared very well. Servings are really big, so medium size is more then enough, for a dinner. If you want to try more dishes, order small portions and for sure it will be enough (2 or 3 small dishes are really enough for a dinner).
Do not worry about the mosquitoes, because every table has mosquito repellent under the table.

1  Thank BesniLala