“Great food, very friendly service”
Review of Kin Dee Restaurant

Kin Dee Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Mai Khao
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Kin Dee is a small, local, standalone hideaway family restaurant at Mai Khao run by 2008 Thailand's culinary champion. We serve local Phuket cuisine, live seafood, ancient Thai cuisine is just added on the menu. Vegetarian, kid menus, cocktails, Thai wine, main produce from the village where Kin Dee located and Phuket area. Open from 1030 hrs - 2200 hrs. 15 Minute drive from Phuket airport. Under 5 min to drive from Renaissance, Sala, JW Marriott, Anantara villa, Anantara vacation club, Marriott Mai Khao. Around 20 mins to drive from Aleenta, Mai Khao dream Natai.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Fresh fish right off the boats, prepared according to your taste. Nice cold beer. What more can you ask for?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you're a fan of spicy Thai soup, this is the place to be. There food was great. My family and I ate real Thai food and felt like locals. 4 stars for me!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are staying at Anantara and whilst the resort is simply beautiful, you will be paying top dollar at resort prices for food and drink.
If you are like my partner and myself and you want to taste some authentic Thai food at an affordable price then Kin Dee is your place.
We cycled there for a late lunch and it was flat and only 10 minutes away, careful not to miss the turning which is next to a small supermarket. Kin Dee is on the right overlooking a river tributary and mangroves. If you're going in the evening or dusk, I'd remember your insect repellant. You can get a taxi which costs about THB500 and the driver will probably wait for you.
The food was delicious, especially the Tangy Green Mango Salad With Crispy Soft Shell Crab but the dish I would return to the restaurant for was Phuket Crispy Shrimp On Wild Pepper Leaf Tempura...Amazing flavours and beautifully cooked.
For our mains, we ordered Chicken Pad Si Ew (fried noodles, no chilli), Pineapple Fried Rice, Crab In Yellow Curry Paste and Morning Glory (fried water spinach). The Pineapple Rice was great and served in half a pineapple and the crab curry just needed a squeeze of fresh lime to lift it.
All in all the food was exactly what we needed. For two of us, with two fresh coconut juices and two large Singha beers, lunch was THB1500. For a small surcharge, they accept VISA.
Whist Kin Dee is great, my absolute favourite was a small restaurant called Nong Mai Rim Lea on the road after the JW Marriott and before the Renaissance Resort. I will be writing a review for this small family run fresh seafood restaurant but I am awaiting Tripadvisor to get back to me with my submission as it is off the beaten track and Tripadvisor has not got a record of it. We have been in Mai Khao for 4 nights and have eaten at Nong Mai Rim Lea 3 times...and will be going back...Look out for the photos and review

2  Thank Martinbq
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Didn't want to pay for the over priced food at the resort restaurants. Decided to order delivery. The food took an hour to arrive (it was raining). Food was cold. The calamari was in an unrecognizable shape. Good thing there's a kitchenette in the room which allows me to heat up the food. The saving grace was the green curry. It was delicious and it complements well with the rice.

Average quality overall but if you are not venturing out of the Mai Khao resorts, and craving for affordable Thai cuisine (albeit higher priced than local joints), Kin Dee is probably your best choice.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We walked from the Anantara to Kin Dee in the hot afternoon sun, only to be told that the chef is not coming in till dinner service. We were absolutely disappointed. We sat there to cool down, while trying to think up Plan B.. when, we were told the owner is on the way back to the restaurant. We didn't really understood what that meant but we were promptly handed the menu. yay!

The food that was dished out 30 mins later were delicious! The surroundings (we sat facing a river tributaries) were peaceful and quiet. Suitably re-charged /re-fueled, we pressed on with the plans for the day. The waiters helped us to call for a cab to get us to town -- nice service.

Good food, reasonably priced - worth that walk in the sun.