“Amazing Thai Cooking Class!”
Review of Kin Dee Restaurant

Kin Dee Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Mai Khao
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Kin Dee is a small, local, standalone hideaway family restaurant at Mai Khao run by 2008 Thailand's culinary champion. We serve local Phuket cuisine, live seafood, ancient Thai cuisine is just added on the menu. Vegetarian, kid menus, cocktails, Thai wine, main produce from the village where Kin Dee located and Phuket area. Open from 1030 hrs - 2200 hrs. 15 Minute drive from Phuket airport. Under 5 min to drive from Renaissance, Sala, JW Marriott, Anantara villa, Anantara vacation club, Marriott Mai Khao. Around 20 mins to drive from Aleenta, Mai Khao dream Natai.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I came to Thailand for our honeymoon and stayed at the Renaissance Phuket Resort and Spa. We saw reviews for the Kin Dee Restaurant cooking class so we decided to check it out. We called the restaurant and the woman explained that we were able to choose 4 Thai dishes (any 4 Thai dishes!) and she would prepare the ingredients and teach us how to cook them. I have experience cooking Thai cuisine and I was very excited that I really did learn new tricks and methods from this class. My husband who never cooks learned a great deal, too, and found her instruction very easy to follow. It was a relaxed atmosphere on the outside deck of her restaurant where she allowed us to cook our dishes and then enjoy them together. It was honestly the highlight of my entire trip to Phuket. For 2500 bhat per person, it was absolutely worth it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We decided to come to Kin Dee after reading the great reviews and we weren't disappointed.

We visited on the night of the power cut and the staff couldn't have been nicer, they provided mozzie spray and the best light they cut despite the lack of electric and kept thanking us for staying, we were the only people there until the power came on mid way through our main course.

We ordered a range of food including:
tmango salad which was delicious.
2 soups: the chicken and coconut which was absolutely fantastic & the sea wreck one which my partner loved.
The yellow chicken curry which was stunning and better than the one I had the previous day in the Thai restaurant at the hotel.
The Kin Dee quack quack which lived up to its great name!
Pineapple rice which was served in half a pineapple and fantastic!
For dessert we had the mango and sticky rice which was lovely and the banana fritters which were lovely!

All in all it was an amazing dining experience for a very reasonable rate and far superior to the hotel.

A taxi from JW Marriott was 500baht return where the driver waited for us.

We are planning a return trip for lunch as it was so good!

1  Thank ReviewWriter13
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a great option if you are looking for delicious, good value local cuisine if you are staying at Mai Kao resort.

1  Thank eyewell
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I are staying at the JW Marriott Beach Club in Phuket and when it comes to food, Kindee is one place we're going to remember! Not all the overpriced fancy restaurants.

We didn't dine in at Kindee restaurant, but have gotten takeout twice now in the evening for dinner. The local number is easy to call from the room, they have staff that speak excellent english and have a great website where you can see the menu. They also deliver right to the resort and the delivery is free if your order is over 500 baht. Only 50 baht if you're under the 500.

We have tried quite a few different dishes. The shrimp pad thai, chicken pad thai, sweet n sour chicken, cashew chicken, mixed veggies, fried rice, green curry, and our favorite... mango sticky rice. I just phoned, placed my order and met the delivery driver at the front of the resort. No problems at all. All food was packaged well and PIPING hot! Very fresh. Totally reasonably priced which was a nice nice break. I believe they deliver until 9:30pm or 10:00pm.

Can't comment on the restaurant itself because we only got delivery. What I can tell you though is that if you want some authentic Thai food at a very reasonable price then go with Kindee all the way and you won't be disappointed. Top value for money that I've seen in Phuket so far. A+!!!

3  Thank Reviewontherun1
Reviewed May 1, 2013

what a fabulous restaurant this is! if you are in Mai Khao you MUST go there. we took bicycles from the Renaissance hotel and it was a fun adventure.

we had the banana blossom salad
some prawn dish i cannot recall
Kin Dee signature fish

every dish outdid the other and all were fabulous!

the service is a little cold but who cares if they serve me food like this!

1  Thank lemonjuicer